Man Must Wear Gps By Court Order

jollybgood

"I have to go geocaching today, dear . . . the court ordered me to!"  :unsure:

Not quite as severe-but I have a note from my doctor telling me that if I can't find time for geocaching 2-3 times a week :cry: , I'll have to find some indoor exercise. :wacko:

My wife thinks I put him up to it.

If that hasn't helped my weight and cholesterol ( both a little high) we'll have to medicate. :ph34r:

Another link detailing the original stalking charge.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/new...rld/9585370.htm

"She called the police and had him arrested after seeing him underneath her car, changing the phone's battery.

The phone, which had a motion switch that turned on when the car moved, sent a signal to a satellite, allowing Mr Gabrielyan to track her movements on the internet"

Isn't that just the way it ALWAYS is? It's always the batteries that do you in.

So it was a GPS enabled cell phone. Wonder how it worked. How was he able to track her by internet? Neat trick.

Edited by jollybgood
"I have to go geocaching today, dear . . . the court ordered me to!"  :unsure:

Not quite as severe-but I have a note from my doctor telling me that if I can't find time for geocaching 2-3 times a week :cry: , I'll have to find some indoor exercise. :wacko:

My wife thinks I put him up to it.

If that hasn't helped my weight and cholesterol ( both a little high) we'll have to medicate. :ph34r:

You must follow DR's orders......

The phone, which had a motion switch that turned on when the car moved, sent a signal to a satellite, allowing Mr Gabrielyan to track her movements on the internet"

Isn't that just the way it ALWAYS is? It's always the batteries that do you in.

So it was a GPS enabled cell phone. Wonder how it worked. How was he able to track her by internet? Neat trick.

A lot of new phones have a GPS function. Supposedly its for 911 to be able to find the caller, but some services, like Verizon, allow a subscription service where you can track the phones on the internet. The reason the company I worked for used it was to track where each service tech was for dispatching services.

The problems where A) as we all know GPS signal reception can be spotty especialy inside vehicles and in buildings, so it was unreliable B) Techs quickly learned to either shield the phone, or shut off the GPS tracking function on the phones.

This leads to the question of how did this phone mounted under the vehicle ever get a reliable GPS signal? hmm.

Edited by Team Fegel

A lot of new phones have a GPS function. Supposedly its for 911 to be able to find the caller, but some services, like Verizon, allow a subscription service where you can track the phones on the internet. The reason the company I worked for used it was to track where each service tech was for dispatching services.

The problems where A) as we all know GPS signal reception can be spotty especialy inside vehicles and in buildings, so it was unreliable :unsure: Techs quickly learned to either shield the phone, or shut off the GPS tracking function on the phones.

This leads to the question of how did this phone mounted under the vehicle ever get a reliable GPS signal? hmm.

I've heard of this before, but how does this work. It can't send a signal to a satelite, can it? I can't imagine it having that much power. I imagine it is simply a receiver that then just sends the coordinates elsewhere via some sort of telemetry, eh?

Didn't see this posted anywhere else....

Man who stalked girlfriend with a GPS forced to wear one...

http://www.local6.com/news/4038536/detail.html

You people seem to be making such a big fuss over such a small thing.

The guy will undoubtedly be wearing a bracelet on his ankle or wrist that tracks his movements. This is nothing new, alot of states use this. A similar system is used to contain people under house arrests.

But anyway, it's nothing huge, it's a punishment that happens all the time.

I saw an article today that said a local guy here is wearing an ankle braclet and a waist belt. They showed a map of his journey to the probation officer's office (the red dot). They said that the "state Board of Pardons and Paroles is conducting a yearlong experiment with the technology. With help from a Georgia State University criminal justice professor, the parole board will evaluate the equipment at the end of the trial period." <snip> "He must wear a personal tracking unit, or receiver — which resembles a black plastic brick, only lighter and smaller — in a holster on his belt. When he comes home, he places the receiver in a docking cradle connected to a telephone line, which uploads all his movements onto Smith's computer."

gpspersontracker.jpg

The article was at www.ajc.com but you have to be a registered member to view it.