Urgent! SBUX Missing!

Am I to understand that she is no longer missing? I do empathize with the family and would like to help, but I don't want to cause confusion in the forums here.

I will unpin the topic since it seems to be active enough to be noticed. Bump it if it falls to far down but I'd like to know if this should be a missing message or we should leave it to the family.

The link that you saw posted earlier "Scary" was about a similar situation. She's still missing as far as I know.

El Diablo

------------SBUX UPDATE MAILING LIST----------------

Email me at kiawa@verizon.net in order to join this temporary mailing list.

If I hear anything about her, I will email everyone on that list. That will keep you from searching the forums and hopefully free up Lynn's inbox a bit.

Thank you for taking this upon yourself.

I just sent you an email.

Everyone may want to await further details and information about SBUX Lucy's disappearance. She has lost contact with her family and she is urged to call them to let them know she is OK. There is some certainty that she wasn't geocaching. She left her work location at 3:30 PM yesterday about 90 minutes early.

Lynn Black has one home telephone number that is used for both calls and dialup Internet access. Her line needs to be open in case she receives any calls from people with information or from Lucy herself.

Lynn will appreciate any support and reliable information.

I'm quite sure that the authorities have been all over the area. Since they had dogs and helicopters out searching, you know they've been over ever inch of the place.

Also, as previously stated by somebody else, it is IMPERATIVE that none of us take it upon ourselves to go searching. 1 you might get in the way of a certified SAR group or police investigation, 2 you might very well destroy or contaminate evidence, and 3 it looks like she's no longer in that area.

Though it sucks to be so helpless in this, we can only hope, pray, think good thoughts, or whatever you do.

I am watching many caching forums and area news websites. The second I find out anything, I'll pass it along to the mailing list.

Lucy and Lynn you are in Our thoughts and prayers, hope Lucy gets home safe and it's just a young love thing. I would be going insane if it was gamerboy missing. It's nice to see all of us coming together with offers to help out, and the sending of thoughts and prayers. I'll be checking in here every hour or or so throughout the day and night.

Lynn and Lucy We are all Praying for you from the FloridaCaching community. We have posts up on both of our sites here in Florida and there are many dedicated praying Christian Cachers here who are lifting you and your family up right now. Just remeber the Lord is with you through these times and the Prayers of a righteous man will be heard.

I was referring to this note, not a scary link (which required registration so I did not read it anyway).

CCCooperAgency posted this on the MD GPS (www.mdgps.org) site a little while ago.  (Robert is one of the MDGPS officers and the main force behind the groups website.  He wasn't online as I read Lynn's message, so I thought I'd copy the message here.)

=====================================================

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: SBUX (Lucy Black) MISSING! ANY INFORMATION PLEASE! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know she is with an unidentified young man as of last evening. Someone she never mentioned to us. Lots of gaps in the puzzle. Robert, if you can upload a photo of Lucy to the Groundspeak thread thank you. I can't do much more right now.

PRAYER and TRUST in God is all we need to bring her home but if anyone sees her or hears from her, there is NOT a reason in the world that she can't return - we love her - any and every thing is forgiven and we want her home to her family safe. Obviously this person with her is leading her in the wrong direction. Away from family, away from school/career, job, away from God, aways from her car, geocaching, her gifts and abilities! What sort of person takes from another that way?

I was referring to this note, not a scary link (which required registration so I did not read it anyway).

I'm sorry about the "bad link" and confusion.....

I didn't realize it was a registration one....i'm already signed-up for soo many news sites I don't notice.

CCCooperAgency posted this on the MD GPS (www.mdgps.org) site a little while ago.  (Robert is one of the MDGPS officers and the main force behind the groups website.  He wasn't online as I read Lynn's message, so I thought I'd copy the message here.)

=====================================================

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: SBUX (Lucy Black) MISSING! ANY INFORMATION PLEASE! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know she is with an unidentified young man as of last evening. Someone she never mentioned to us. Lots of gaps in the puzzle. Robert, if you can upload a photo of Lucy to the Groundspeak thread thank you. I can't do much more right now.

PRAYER and TRUST in God is all we need to bring her home but if anyone sees her or hears from her, there is NOT a reason in the world that she can't return - we love her - any and every thing is forgiven and we want her home to her family safe. Obviously this person with her is leading her in the wrong direction. Away from family, away from school/career, job, away from God, aways from her car, geocaching, her gifts and abilities! What sort of person takes from another that way?

Well now...that is a completely different story.

El Diablo

Since a lot of this information is scattered - here is the info from http://www.pickledbeast.com/:

She is 21 years old.

Her home is in Lancaster Pennsylvania.

Her parents are Kevin and Lynn Black.

She is a senior at Lancaster Bible College.

Her VW Beetle car was found unlocked with the keys in the ignition.

The car was found near her home.

She works as part time as a counselor at a facility near her home.

She left work last night about 90 minutes early.

A typed note was found on her car's windshield.

Pennsylvania State Police have launched a search, employing K9 units and helicopters.

An unidentified young man was with her when she left her car.

She was withdrawing large amounts of money from an ATM nearby ENROUTE to the local branch where the young man was with her while she withdrew the MAX amount. The tellers all remember her and thought the transaction odd.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this, as there are quite a few possibilities.

I do hope that she is able (and/or willing) to contact her family.

southdeltan

It is still a puzzling, sad and traumatic situation, but I wonder given this information whether the geocaching community should drop down a notch from DEFCON5?

Both CCCA and SBUX are dear caching friends and I sincerely hope there is a safe and happy resolution to this situation soon.

I can understand due to the situation that someone "in the know" is not monitoring this topic too closely, but without additional information I'm worried that this topic may not be very positive as it stands now. If there are no major objections I suggest locking it until additional information comes to light.

At this point there doesn't seem there is much we as geocachers can do on the ground without some kind of direction.

I trust that CCCooperAgency will post to this forum or her local one when this situation is resolved. I am watching many forums very closely and will send an update as soon as I have one.

They are obviously not in need of volunteers for searching or they would've asked us by now. Also, from what little we know, it seems that a search of the woods wouldn't yield anything anyway that the authorities don't already know.

The most we can do is hope, pray, and stand by for news of the outcome.

I can understand due to the situation that someone "in the know" is not monitoring this topic too closely, but without additional information I'm worried that this topic may not be very positive as it stands now. If there are no major objections I suggest locking it until additional information comes to light.

At this point there doesn't seem there is much we as geocachers can do on the ground without some kind of direction.

That seems ok for now because the majority of the posts are offering sympathy. But the family could use some support from the geocaching community.

I guess if you want info you could get on the mass mailing list

Joe SMith