What Did You Do On Christmas Day?

Will+Bill

Had a houseful of guests so geocaching was OUT! :huh:

We gave each other presents containing cache goodies (how dedicated is THAT!!!) and new camping and off-roading gear. So spent Christmas day reorganising the cache-stash box, cleaning out the Landy of old stuff and repacking with the new, and muttered darkly about friends who don't understand our passion for getting out and about. <_<

Once those happy chores were done, we started planning some new hides and tried vainly to refuse invitations to visit friends - we want to get away, darn it, FAR AWAY!!!!!!

But we failed - so new caches will be paced toward the middle of January, and, because our plans were foiled by well-meaning friends, the new caches are going to be EVIL!!!!!!

Have a happy and successful 2005! :huh:

On Christmas day I went with my girlfriend to her Mom’s house for the day. While her step Dad was cooking the turkey in the deep fryer, Glynis and I walked to the park across the street. We were hunting a cache she had found, but I hadn’t. Without any help from her I found the cache. Then she showed me why she thinks the cache should be moved or archived. After that we walked back to her Mom’s house and had a great Christmas dinner. I just wish we had more time to go geocaching that day.

Did my first two caches!

My sister and brother-in-law just got into geocaching and introduced me to it. My brother-in-law's mother is heavily into geocaching and bought her son and my sister a Garmin Legend.

We did two caches that day, and it was great. I have a Legend on the way as we speak.

Thanks to that kind US Mail truck driver for keeping my GPS going, hehehe.

Jeremy

Christmas Day? We went to New York City to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, took pictures of Travel bugs in the city, found East River Esplanade, waited on line two hours to go to the top of the Empire State Building to log a Virtual, found three benchmarks, logged DNFs for four benchmarks, and a note for one. :unsure:

Now that we're a 3 gpsr family (2 dds in CO and OR), all gathered in Springfiled, OR for the festivities. On Christmas Eve, dd2 and I hid a big bag of presents and set 5 wpts leading to it. All hides were very low and super easy with clues at each wpt (like "search the furry octopus" for a many low-limbed tree covered w/ moss) so that each (of 6) grandkids (ranging from 2 yr. - 10 yrs.) could have a go at finding the film containers. Altogether - tooooo fun! The very BEST of new Christmas Day family traditions.

Gently leading one's 4 yr. old granddaughter to the "octopus" and urging her to brush away a handful of stray leaves, and then... to hear her squeal with delight "I FOUND it!"... Ahh, it surely doesn't get any better than that.

Personally, I was planning on caching, but there was 2' of snow.. Couldn't even check on my own cache because the parkinglot hadn't been plowed.. I would have had to had someone drop me off so I could walk in and then they would have had to pick me back up six hours later after I shoveled the woods... Not in the game plan... Elected to stay warm instead.

:unsure: I set up an account for my father then, for his Christmas present, gave him a travel bug (tbhzwf) of his own to watch travel around. :) The day after, I went out with my hubby and got 3.5 finds, including my 25th and his first :D . My present was a new Vista that's now on order :D . Later dad helped me with some ideas for new sig. items. :rolleyes:

That night I got stomach flu ;) and was in bed for 2 days.

Before I came home I placed my first cache. :lol: Mom just kinda stayed out of our way LOL!

It was a very merry-cachey Christmas