No Winter Hiatus For Us!

me and the five kids just went out to do a little caching!! we just got a new GPS for christmas and we've tried a couple caches and were successful - so we tried our hand at a full day of caching!! the first spot we hit had a travel bug in it - so we grabbed it - turns out it is from england - the kids are soo excited!! the next two were in one of our favorite parks, then we went to our favorite sledding hill and there were three hidden in this park - we found two but couldnt find the last one - think we had the correct spot but just couldnt locate the cache. then we drove through wendy's and got some chili to warm us up ......... it's freezing here in Kentucky - plus there is 10" of snow on the ground!! i had the kids in snow boots and ski pants ........ we hit a virtual cache in a cemetery in the middle of an urban parking lot - very fun location!! and then on the way home we found a quick one in a local park!! not too bad for a mom and her five kids - ages 11,7,6,3 and 6 months!!!! ......... so i will have to say - there's no winter hiatus for us!! we're having fun in the snow!!!

The Coopers

Good for you. That is what this is all about having some fun. I do all my caching not in the summer, easier with no bugs, sketters, PI and assorted other people around (dare I say muggles).

Once again enjoy, with is a time for fires inthe fire place and lots of fun outside.

:rolleyes:

not too bad for a mom and her five kids - ages 11,7,6,3 and 6 months!!!! ......... so i will have to say - there's no winter hiatus for us!!

You deserve a gold medal ... if you can find caches under those conditions with all those rugrats in tow, then you are going to be one heck of a caching machine. :unsure: