Adding Choice In Pq

GrizzlyJohn

Is there a good reason why United States is not listed as a choice in the list of countries to create a PQ?

As it is now one has to go through the list of states and select each one. Over time that list has grown to include a bunch of states/provinces, some of which I have never even heard of.

Countries that have provinces/states listed in that list are still listed in the list of countries, except for the United States. This would be a nothing thing to add and might make it easier for some people to create queries by not having to select all of the states individually. And it would also be easier on the generation of the PQ by only having to check for one country as opposed to a list of states.

You want to create a pocket query that downloads the whole US? If no, then why do you NEED to have a high level selector like that?

Yes. Been there doing that.

But even if not the entire US, let us say you want to create a PQ of your finds. And you have found caches in many states, say 20 or more. It might be easier to just select the entire United States rather than clicking each state individually.

Besides why not have the ability to select at that level. You can do it for every other country, why not the US? Why does someone NEED to have the ability select all of Canada, for example, but they can.

You want to create a pocket query that downloads the whole US? If no, then why do you NEED to have a high level selector like that?

But even if not the entire US, let us say you want to create a PQ of your finds. And you have found caches in many states, say 20 or more.

Even if all of your finds are in only one state in the US, if you have a few finds in Mexico as well, you currently have to allocate two PQ's to get them all. Likewise for locationless caches, although why a PQ location selection is a requirement for locationless caches continues to elude me. ;)

Steve

Even if all of your finds are in only one state in the US, if you have a few finds in Mexico as well, you currently have to allocate two PQ's to get them all.

Not true, you can select more then one state at a time. Just hold down the CONTROL key (on a pc, sorry, don't know Mac) while selecting the states you want.

And for what it's worth, for the few times I've ever had to set up a PQ for the entire USA (2 times in 2yrs, since I need 2 PQs to pull all my finds), it wasn't that much of a hardship to just select all the states. Just select Alabama, scroll down to Yukon, and SHIFT select. Bam, you got everything. Now, was that so hard?

Edited by Mopar
Not true, you can select more then one state at a time.

I think the point on that was you can't select some states and also select Mexico on the same PQ.

Bam, you got everything. Now, was that so hard?

Bam just add US to the list of countries. Now was that so hard.

Edited by GrizzlyJohn
Not true, you can select more then one state at a time.

I think the point on that was you can't select some states and also select Mexico on the same PQ.

Ahhh, my mistake. Since the discussion was about the US and states, I misread Mexico as New Mexico. Guess I need another cup of coffee.

Wow, this thread went off-track quick.

I agree that it would be useful to have US in the list of countries. There have been a few times when I have had to run multiple PQs because of this.

It would be handy to be able to request archived caches in a PQ. This would be handy to track down geolitter, as well as getting the scoop on all of one's finds.

Not true, you can select more then one state at a time. Just hold down the CONTROL key (on a pc, sorry, don't know Mac) while selecting the states you want.

I know I've used the CTRL key to select multiple state before but can't seem to get it to work today.

Wanted to do a year end PQ of finds for multiple(all) states.

CTRL working for anyone else?

DUH!!!! New Years Day Brain Cramp! CTRL with mouse click works fine. CTRL with keyboard arrows does not.

NEVERMIND!

Edited by maleki