Geocachers In Idaho That Were Rescued?

Idaho Ron

I have no clue what happened, and I'm no expert on canyoneering, I only know what I've read from books.

But the report says that the boys were pulled from the canyon after being stranded and that none of them were seriously injured.

One major threat in canyons is a flash flood. They can start from as little as an inch of rain tens of hundreds of miles up the canyon.

That could be a possibility, but I doubt something so dramatic happened.

My guess is that they became disoriented and couldn't find a way back out of the canyon.

Three teenagers decided to go for a cache at the bottom of the snake river canyon in Twin falls. If you've never seen the spot, it's like the grand canyon of the north. Evil Knievel once tried to jump it in a rocket powered cycle.

They took one of the worst routes there is down, got half way and realized they'd be coming back in the dark and turned around. One of them fell on the way back up, I understand he's in serious condidtion in a Boise hospital.

We think they were gong for This Cache.

edit speiling

Edited by BadAndy
Here's the local TV account.

There's one statement that raised hackles. "However, officials have determined the reason for the rescue: “geocaching.”"

What really needs rescuing is that article! Ugh! Not because what it says about 'geocaching' but because it was ever allowed to be published! Sounds like the teen who wrote this (or should I say, "the juvenile") is in serious condition.

Well, it is a TV station so I guess their authoring skills aren't as important.

The newly popular adventure game for GPS users, which stands for Global Positioning Systems, a way to locate one another and hidden objects . GAME!! hey this is serious business :huh:

Derrick Johnson was the last to be pulled to the top. He was transported to Saint Alfonsis Hospital in Boise, where he is listed under serious condition.

If he was the worst hurt why was he the last to be rescued <_<