Projecting Waypoints

lucy~

Start by displaying the position screen on your mericolor. From there press Menu, scroll down to where it says projection (fourth option).

You can then enter a start position, or use your current position, enter a distance and bearing or coords in the usual format.

Play away, you cant do any damage, and if you dont get it right first time hit Esc and do it again.

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice....ok ......I tried that....but the word projection does not show up on the screen. Do i need to adjust my settings? And if I do.....how....yikes. all that shows up is setup....contrast....alarms/mssg.....card utilities....help...about... I appreciate any help on this.

but the word projection does not show up on the screen

Make sure you are starting from the position screen, the one that shows your current coordinates. Projection should be near the top of the menu.

I don't know if the software in the color fixes this limitation, but in my Merigreen your increment of distance is .01 of whatever units you have selected in Navigation Units. If you have miles selected then your projection distance is in increments of 52.8 ft. Selecting Km gets you down to ten meter increments, not so great.

I never use projection on my GPSr. That's what my home computer is for.

The projection feature was added in one of the later version of the firmware. It sounds like you are still using an old version.

When you first turn on your GPS, the first screen that appears will display the version number at the bottom. Check to see what this is.

If it isn't 5-point something (Actually, I think the projection was added in 4-point something) you'll need to upgrade before you can use the projection feature.

Jamie

Doh.....uhm.....duh.....I found it. Sometimes when things are simple....I make them difficult ;) . Thanks again for all of you help. Now I get to try this out on 2 multi caches that have been nagging me. Thanks again, everyone for your help. lucy

Edited by lucy92979