What Glue Brand?

Xangxa

No adhesive will stick to everything. You need something different for different materials. Epoxy is the most durable, but it may not stick to some plastics very well. JB-Weld is the best I've found for metal. I've used it to repair broken parts on an engine block, and it lasted until long after I sold the car. Unless you're working with smooth plastic, some form of epoxy is likely to be the best bet, but for plastic you need something that will slightly melt the plastic and bond it, not just stick on it. It also needs to be flexible, because most plastic bends easily, and if the adhesive doesn't bend with it it will come loose.

but for plastic you need something that will slightly melt the plastic and bond it, not just stick on it. It also needs to be flexible, because most plastic bends easily, and if the adhesive doesn't bend with it it will come loose.

Depending on the glue type, it can also help to roughen the smooth plastic surfaces before applying glue - Use some medium snadpaper or something, and clean off the plastic shavings. Gives a rougher surface, with more surface area for the glue to stick to and hold. (You don't need to do this with glues that melt the plastic though... )