Downloading Waypoints Onto My Legend C

Jerome

I'm brand new to geocaching and am trying to download some waypoints onto my new-for-Christmas Garmin Legend C.

I downloaded EasyGPS, but it doesn't have the Legend C as a supported GPS, so I chosen the Legend. But it doesn't recognize my GPS as being on the USB.

Any suggestions that might help me? Should I be using different software to download waypoints?

Thanks,

Jerome

Hope this helps I am not familiar with with the legend c but found this in the topographics web site. You might want to contact thier tech support for answers to your problem. Are you using a usb to serial adapter cable? if that is the case , check the com port settings for it. they can be finiky some times. I know the following instructions are not for your gps but the main thing here is that your gps must be on, set to garmin/garmin interface mode , datum must be set to wgs 84 and baud set to 4800 I cant remember if you can change baude rate in garmin to garmin mode. if it doesn't give you that option then it is taken care of automatically.

instructions for configuring a Garmin GPS 76.

To select GARMIN interface mode

Press the Menu button on your GPS receiver.

Press the Menu button again to display the Main Menu.

Select Setup.

Select the Interface tab.

Select GARMIN as the Serial Data Format.

To set the datum to WGS 84

Select Setup.

Select the Location tab.

Select WGS 84 as the Map Datum.

To set the coordinate format to decimal degrees

Select Setup.

Select the Location tab.

Select hddd.ddddd as the Location Format.