Most Found In One Day!

matbluvenger

This is kind of a tricky topic. My best has been 25 in a day, but it was in an area with many geocaches. In some areas, the caches are pretty sparse. I guess someone with too much time on their hands could devise some sort of equation that balances out terrain/difficulty/cache density. For example it could be more significant if someone does 3 caches in one day with a 3 difficulty/3 terrain than someone who does 10 1/1 in a day. But then again, it's not about the numbers. :D Or is it?

Local example Here is a quote from Johnny Vegas and another, 4th one down (don't know how to quote directly to a post in the middle of a thread) from an area local Walruz, as to what the SF Bay Area is like. This is from a thread on power caching.

We have many no cache days but are relatively new right now, just a little over 3 months, so getting these weekend spurts is fun, so many areas and parks to explore. Both hubby and I enjoy it equally so it helps, he does the GPS, I check the PDA for the cache notes. Takes longer for a single person I would think unless they plan ahead of time. We just download an area and go.

Hey, I was just wondering what peoples personal records are for the most caches found in one day. For me:

9 in a span of 5 hours (this was with three other people)

let's hear what everybody else has to say

A team of 2 to 3 people is probably the best size for doing quick finds. Any more, and there's confusion. And searching alone can be time-consuming when you have a one-track mind.

My personal best per day for searching alone is somewhere around 10, while doing it with a team (my brother) is double that, 20-25. It helps to have tools like a PDA with CacheMate, and GPSr with street map software. Preparation, including studying street and trail maps ahead of time, saves a lot of time, too.

There are times where we could have found more, but it'd get tiresome, so we'd stop.

My best was 53 caches and 8 benchmarks in one day around Modesto. This was a 3 person quest. I have heard of others having several hundred finds in one day in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area. There are several power-caching trails that are several miles long with a cache every 0.1 miles.

I have 15 in one day (San Diego County).

But I have 11 FTF's in one day, and in a four hour period, solo. Well, actually with my 6 year old who prevented me from continuing on to where I might have realistically reached 15+ FTF's. The area (Anza Borrego Desert off S2) was saturated with caches in preparation for a camping event. I was "competing" with another cache who ended up getting 9 FTFs on the same day I had 11; then, he got another 8 or 9 FTF's the following day.

Now, had I known this before I left my house, would I have left her home? No way! we had fun caching together and enjoyed every minute.

The local FTF record is by DUSCWE! who has 12 FTF's in one day.

Edited by Chuy
I have 15 in one day (San Diego County).

But I have 11 FTF's in one day, and in a four hour period, solo. Well, actually with my 6 year old who prevented me from continuing on to where I might have realistically reached 15+ FTF's. The area (Anza Borrego Desert off S2) was saturated with caches in preparation for a camping event. I was "competing" with another cache who ended up getting 9 FTFs on the same day I had 11; then, he got another 8 or 9 FTF's the following day.

Now, had I known this before I left my house, would I have left her home? No way! we had fun caching together and enjoyed every minute.

The local FTF record is by DUSCWE! who has 12 FTF's in one day.

Personal best was an even 50 up in Palm Springs/La Quinta. As for the 12 FTF's, I was up at my Dad's cabin in Crestline (near Big Bear) doing some caching. The following day about 16 new caches popped up. That was a great day.

D!

Hey, I was just wondering what peoples personal records are for the most caches found in one day. For me:

9 in a span of 5 hours (this was with three other people)

let's hear what everybody else has to say

37 for me on the original Bremerton Cache Machine in Dec'03 along with a dozen people, my personal solo best is I think 19 plus a couple DNFs last spring in Olympia WA.

The world record appears to be 246 in a day (with 56 DNFs), see the thread from back then. I'd be exhausted just logging them...

TeamTek and I did 21 in a day I think it was but we were on bikes with a 30 mile round trip..It took about 5 hours or so That was alot of fun...The american River Bike trail is very dense

MOO

The American River Bike trail is great! We (with DavidT1 & Fisherwoman and bthomas) averaged 1 per mile for the 30 mike trek this past summer. I've noticed that there are quite a few more caches there now.