In The Movies (or Tv?)

Kitch

On chirstmas eve during the Packers/Vikings game they showed a virt. cache on TV.

It made me wonder how many caches are on TV or in the Movies.

I thought it must be fun to say..."hay! theres a cache behind that tree"......

So my ?? is this.....what and where are they?

Please list the cache page and the name of the "show".

In the movie "Kingpin" that was partially filmed in Mars, Pa there is a brief shot of quite a few interesting things. One being a movie store that my mother now owns, the second being a brief (Split second) shot of an cache area. You can't see the actual cache because it's over a little hill. But the movie was filmed long before the cache was there. (Maybe before geocaching was around)

Joe Smith

I once pulled up to a cache site and they where making a movie, they where set-up about 50 feet from the cache site but I was still able to walk around the set and find the cache. I wish that I had of grabed my camera before I went searching but they where right there seeing what I was doing with I parked.

The movie was called History and that it about as much as I found out.

Star2004

in the 1996 tom cruise/Rene Zellweger film, "Jerry MacGuire" ("show me the money!", remember?), one of the scenes was shot in Sun Devil Stadium at ASU. well, within half a mile of that location are about 7 caches of various types, including one of mine. But probably the closest one to the stadium itself is one on the mountain right behind it called "'A' mountain Cache". Of course, none of them were there at that time.

Best claim to fame or related cache in a movie that I can give you is from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

The scenes where they were speeding through the trees on the racers were filmed in Henry Cowell State Park (or at least on thier property). I have many caches in the park but can't actually claim a cache site is visible in them :unsure: .

Just watch Las Vegas. There's eleventy-billion virts in that town and at LEAST one in every episode.

One of the Fear Factor couples shows showed a few and that Vegas Wedding un-reality show sent the participants to a pretty famous virt looking for bags of rice.

I never bothered to log that one. (or the most of the rest for that matter)

I hear his brother George didn't ever go there either. :unsure:

The first thing that popped into my mind was a commercial for the FOX affiliate in Jackson, MS. They have simple commercials showing local landmarks - and there's a shot of one of the statues of Andrew Jackson with the stations call-letters. There's a cache very near the statue.

Then I had one of those duh moments:

O Brother, where did thou go? There's not much left at the location - but I've been surprised by the response even after the "set" has been destroyed.

I also have several caches that are at locations that surely have been in at least a few Blues documenteries - but I'm too lazy to link those right now.

sd

Like Snoogans said-Vegas probably has some in every episode. I'm pretty sure this one is where last night's Crossing Jordan/Las Vegas part one ended.

Ocean's Eleven was on the other night. They spend a lot of time in front of some fountains that I suspect are this cache. I'm going there for an ...ahem... :) business conference next month, so I'll be able to confirm my suspicions firsthand. :D

:)

Hey, can I now log that virtual statue...saw the game...love B.Favre..good book he e wrote too. Very, very sad about number 92. Greater man than player. I weeped like a baby; I was weeping all day..my QB didnt show up to play...ah, it's not ez being a JET fan. I bleed green, and believe me, I was bleeding.

In the new remake of the movie Stepford Wives, I can see my old driveway, and I have a cache....When I went to school....within a mile from the driveway. And for the record...NO, i'm not a stepford wife--went to school with them kind, but always walked to the beat of my own drum..so no flak from the peanut gallery. LOL.

About 15 miles from me on Rte. 8, they just filmed a part of Tom Cruise's new movie..War of the Worlds...another remake...and the news reported that a few of the 'real-life-looking' dead manicans. LOL...have floated away down river, and for fishermen...and us outdoor folk..to be on the lookout...Am thinking about finding one,and attaching a T.B. tag to it's toe. LOL

Leslie

Best claim to fame or related cache in a movie that I can give you is from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

The scenes where they were speeding through the trees on the racers were filmed in Henry Cowell State Park (or at least on thier property). I have many caches in the park but can't actually claim a cache site is visible in them :) .

Kaelia, your Santa-vatar is too freakin funny!