Swag

Scout Master

beef6010-10b4-48e2-af69-006c5a267650.jpg

I work for a vending company and I can get this stuff really cheep. Each item normally vends for .25 cents each. I have never sold any to Geocachers before so I am exploring the market to see if there is an interest. Each item is ¾ to one inch in size. The capsules contain rings, jewelry or glow sticks. I would sell them in lots of 50 or 100 Shown here is a bag of 50. If there is a strong enough interest I will consider E-bay and pay pal. Otherwise I would just put some up here from time to time. So the question is would you buy swag like this and what would you pay for it.

See you on the Trail

Scout Master

I suggest going to an "Advertising Specialty" store. Just go in and ask if they have any mis-prints or other seconds they want to sell. They should have thousands of items at about 4-10 cents each. They're happy to get rid of them and the items are far beter that the junk we often find in caches -- TNLBumper sticker.

They may have mis-spellings -- usually on the name of the business -- and such, but no worry. We recently boght about $100 worth of stuff like this for ONE DOLLAR in a garage sale.

Edited by valleyrat

I firmly believe that you should never leave anything in a cache that is valued at less that a dollar. The only exception to this I have is when placing a new cache or replacing a cache box I will sometimes leave a couple of cheaper items for cachers who do not share my view on the value of trade items.

Hi! Those are best suited for micro caches where a better trade item won't fit. But generally people like to encourage trading better items. Do people trade less? Well yes, but it is nice to encourage better. You should also know that seeking to gain commercial enterprise on the forums here can be frowned upon.

Anyway, I say collect some for yourself to trade in (or simply just add to) micro caches where they will fit. Little items like those can be great for micros. But I have my doubts about selling them for those. I say grab some for micros or to make grab bags with a bunch of them for other caches, but forget selling.

Most important, I know that people, including myself, are down on your idea, but don't get discouraged. Instead listen and think about their comments, and then go enjoy caching! :rolleyes:

Nothing personal Scoutmaster (but you did ask), these rank up there with golf balls and Happy Meal toys. This would be the exact reason I choose not to trade. But as they say, one mans trash is another mans treasure (I am not saying they are trash rather I am just coining a phrase). I will be sure to look you up when I am stuffing those gift bags for my daughters next B-Day party in July.

Damenace

As you've presented it, I don't think there is much of a market.

However, Carleen gave me an idea. Package them in 10 pieces in a small draw string pouch and label them as a "Micro Trades Pouch." Sell them 10 pouches in a set. The intent is to leave the whole pouch for another cacher to pick up as a trade item. They then use the pieces to trade in a smalls and micros.

You'd have to find the pouches, but it might be the twist that sells them. Start off with a few to test the water.

Hope this helps.

beef6010-10b4-48e2-af69-006c5a267650.jpg

I work for a vending company and I can get this stuff really cheep. Each item normally vends for .25 cents each. I have never sold any to Geocachers before so I am exploring the market to see if there is an interest. Each item is ¾ to one inch in size. The capsules contain rings, jewelry or glow sticks. I would sell them in lots of 50 or 100 Shown here is a bag of 50. If there is a strong enough interest I will consider E-bay and pay pal. Otherwise I would just put some up here from time to time. So the question is would you buy swag like this and what would you pay for it.

See you on the Trail

Scout Master

And yet, just yesterday morning at breakfast, I said to my dad's girlfriend to give me a quarter so I could run up to one of those and take an item out.

I probably wouldn't trade it for something, but it would fall under something I'd use when I TNLsomething...

My item, in case you're curious, is an itty bitty troll doll with long pink hair.

If you pick out just troll dolls for me, I'll buy some....

Fly46 - reliving my childhood through tiny cache swag.

However, Carleen gave me an idea. Package them in 10 pieces in a small draw string pouch and label them as a "Micro Trades Pouch." Sell them 10 pouches in a set. The intent is to leave the whole pouch for another cacher to pick up as a trade item. They then use the pieces to trade in a smalls and micros.

You'd have to find the pouches, but it might be the twist that sells them. Start off with a few to test the water.

If you have a friend who drinks Crown Royal they've probably got a lot of those little purple sacks lying around. (They make the best fishin' reel covers)

Of course it might offend someone but I'd gladly throw one in the backpack.

If you have a friend who drinks Crown Royal they've probably got a lot of those little purple sacks lying around.  (They make the best fishin' reel covers)

There used to be a place around here that sold the Crown Royal purple bags for 10 cents each. They had hundreds of them. NC is a big textile area, so for all I know, they were made around here somewhere. As a kid, I had a bunch and stored all my "treasures' in them. I had forgotten about them until I saw your post.

I know my kids would love to find something like that. And I personally would be happier to see those than some of the mctoys out there! Just last week my boys traded for little rings in a cache, lol. Maybe if you were able to put a couple in a little baggie, so it's not just one a person takes, but maybe 4 or so. Heck you could toss some dice and print out some dice game instructions to add. That could be fun for any age? Or a few bouncy balls for someone to take instead of trading one of them. But put on the bag, that they are to take the whole bag.