Greetings From Divine Via Teameimi

TeamEimi

Yep, only accidents that he felt were one DNF @ Peking plus the beer that went to his trachea when he heard about the tsunami.

Sawasdee khap from Thailand, everyone! :D

Well, to be exact, that's what I answered when I was asked a two-word question 'You allright?' via mobile phone text messages. The news (in English, at least) don't reach here very fast and we were purely and innocently unaware about the disaster until we got more info from Finland via SMS, and later saw some internet news at a local travel agency. We actually were on the road from Bangkok towards Koh Chang (where we are now) when the earthquake occurred. We've seen only one newspaper after that, and still getting the most info from the SMS from friends and relatives. (And now that I'm finally online, am I reading the news? No, I'm surfing in GC forums... :laughing:)

Koh Chang is an idyllic, paradise-like, not-that-touristy (so far) small island near Cambodia border, on the Siam Gulf side of Thailand, so the disaster effects don't show in any way here unless you happen to see the news (which you don't unless you specifically try to find them).

Some of my family friends were vacationing in the disaster area, and they just barely survived the tidal waves. They're safely home now, although one of them has to stay in the hospital. My thoughts are with the victims of the disaster. :D

So, everything fine here, I really appreciate the concern of the GC community and the numerous SMS's I've received from several geocachers. Please pass on the information. Special thanks to TeamEimi for starting this thread!

Edited by Divine

One more thing: We only had plane tickets from Finland to Bangkok (via Beijing), and we planned to continue the journey from there. We had several options for the final resort, Koh Chang (which we chose), Koh Samui, and Phuket & Koh Phi Phi, where the tidal waves hit very badly. Since we had already visited those areas once before, we thought it would be more interesting to see some new places, and here we are, perfectly safe, hundreds of kilometers away and geographically safely isolated from the disaster area. :D

It is great to hear that Divine and his family are all OK !!

Does anybody know if Divine has been able to officially indicate that they are OK ?? When listening the news it seems to be a very difficult job for the Trawell Agencies and Governement officials to locate all turists on the disaster area.

They might be very happy to know that some people can be listed as survivers !!