E Trex Camo

Cacher Short

No, sorry, the camo is not a mapping GPS. It's a good starter unit though, and like the eTrex yellow, has led many people to 'cache finds. Get out there and good luck!

Edit: You can upload waypoints (Geocaches) however, which is what the cable is used for.

Edited by tirediron
Thank you!!! So I guess that i dont really need a mapping GPS for geocaching? But Can The Legend?

Yes, the Legend can take maps but at 8MB there isn't much it can hold. It might hold enough for you if you tend to stay in one metro area but if you're going to do much travelling, you'll likely find the 8MB limiting. It has a basemap that might be sufficient, however, and the 8MB would be for more detail.

edit: there is no autorouting on the Legend but looks like the new Legend C offers it.

Edited by robert
Thank you!!! So I guess that i dont really need a mapping GPS for geocaching? But Can The Legend?

Yes the legend and vista can take more detailed maps.

Besides a cable you also need a Mapsource product (not to be confused with magellans mapsend or lowerance mapcreate products). there are several different mapsource products, what you need depends on what you want to do with the maps and where you live. Topos = topo (us?) Steetlevel = metroguide, etc.