Multiple Bugs On One Tag???

coachV

Is this ok? It seems like the bugs on this number TB87AA are in multiple locations, because I logged it in Texas, then it showed up in Florida, then back in Texas? look at the history and read the story to see what I mean. When I found the Rat I had it had a laminated tag, NOT a real TB dog tag. Is it ok for us to just send out as many travelers as we want with the TB numbers on them and just have anyone log it??? The obvious answer to me is no. Just wanted to bring this to someone's attention.

Moderator note: Edited to change tracking ID# to TB#.

Edited by Eartha
Is this ok? It seems like the bugs on this number ****** are in multiple locations, because I logged it in Texas, then it showed up in Florida, then back in Texas? look at the history and read the story to see what I mean. When I found the Rat I had it had a laminated tag, NOT a real TB dog tag. Is it ok for us to just send out as many travelers as we want with the TB numbers on them and just have anyone log it??? The obvious answer to me is no. Just wanted to bring this to someone's attention.

Yes, there are a few bugs out there like this. BTW: it is not a good idea to put the password number for TB's in posts....

What possibly could have happened is the original TB went lost, the owner couldn't find his copy tag, and made a new travel bug weith a laminated tag. Have you contacted the owner of the TB to ask? They get an e-mail with every move the bug makes so they must be aware that this is going on.

After further investigation: Travel Bug name: Rats of Choas (note plural use of rats) is the name for this bug. Currently there are 11 rats, each has the same tracking number onn its laminated tag. The goal is to see if any of them meet up. The rats are named with anagrams made up of Florida cachers names. This TB owner has made up a game within a game of their own travel bugs and if they arenb't concerned with the actual mileage of one bug at a time, then it's their bug, let them. It is confusing to finders, but it's their bug. The Travel Bug page explains it, vaguely.

If you click on the link on the TB page to the Army of Chaos that the Rats are tracking down, that page says "Current GOAL: There are twelve travel bugs travelling under the same tag number...their goal(s) are just to travel far and wide and often. Why? An experiment in Chaos! You never really know where they are or where they're going to pop up. It's confusing. It's serendipitous. It's taking The Way Things Work and rattling them around a bit."

In other words, they are trying to create choas. So just log the bug and let them worry about it.

I believe the tag with the number is what is REALLY the Travel Bug. The item or items attached are hitchikers. Like when you buy a trave bug all you get is the tag with the number. When you activate a travel bug you activate the number not the hitchhiker. Some travel bugs actually change hitchhikers over time.