Merry Christmas

BlackBuck

happy holidaze to all of you out there in the caching community.

I'd like to add a little more then jsut the typical warm thoughts though...

I got a christmas card from my cousin, Stephanie. Her husband Anthony has had a rough 6 months. He's been working as a concretetruck driver, and someone wasn't paying attention and the chute swung unexpectedly, hitting in the head giving him a concusion (and, predictably, covering him in concrete mix). The head injury has been slow to recover from, but at the hospital they discovered a tumor in his belly which they removed with a 95% chance of complete recovery. But he hasn;t exactly been in too good spirits.

So I get this card with an old fashioned Santa on the front. Inside the text reads: "things are tough, times are hard, here's your s***ting christmas card!" Now that was amusing, but inside was something printed out (probably from an email or from the net) which kinda put everything in perspective. Reprinted here, feel free to cut/paste it if you see fit. I'm not sure about the percentages being 100% accurate but I think the general point remains valid.

Have a Happy and healthy Holidaze, I wish you all well.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish somewhere..

...you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If you woke up this morning with more health then illness...

...you are more blessed then the million who will die this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the lonliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...

...you are ahead of the other 500 million people in the world who live with that every day.

If you can attend a church without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death...

...you are more blessed then the 3 billion people in the world who can't.

If you parents are alive and still married...

...you are more blessed the most people, even in the US

If you can hold up your head with a smile on your face are truly thankful...

...you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder....

...you are blessed because you can offer a healing touch

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing because someone was thinking of you, and furhtermore there are 2 billion in the world who could not reade this

Always remember to count your blessing and realize that there are always people who in worse situations then you. Be thankful for what you have and do not dwell on that which you do not have.