Charter Membership

flask

i got a note from paypal saying i had cancelled my membership. i hadn't.

i have renewed, but it says "premium member" by my name and maybe it's petty, but i want it to say "charter member" like it used to.

in an older thread jeremy said it's likely to sort itself out automatically, so i haven't worried about it. it's been a few weeks. should i worry now?

can it be fixed? please?

Send a request to contact @ geocaching .com

did. got a note saying it'd be taken care of, provided i dropped another little line about a detail. i did. sent a follow up. haven't heard back.

didn't give it a lot of thought at the time since jeremy said it catches up automatically if you renew within x number of days. since my membership ought not to be expired yet, i figure i'm still inside the window of x days.

it occurs to me that since paypal thought i had cncelled my membership Groundspeak might, too. the catch is that i don't think my original membership has lapsed yet, so i might have fallen into limbo... i just got a notice that my membership WILL expire, so maybe Groundspeak thinks i have terminated one account and started another?

dang. i want my first one back.

it occurs to me that since paypal thought i had cncelled my membership Groundspeak might, too.

Did your credit card expire? PayPal has this dumb habit of expiring a membership when that happens, even though the membership fee is prepaid. I'm sure after the holidays Jeremy et al. will get it straightened out.

no, but that's an interesting idea. it was very weird, too. i was just getting online to renew (i swear!) i was checking my email before going to paypal and there was this note from them. the card doesn't expire until february, a month after the membership expires.

if i can't have "charter member" under my name, i will cry.

so much for threats.

sometimes when i send email to contact@Groundspeak, i hear back less quickly than when i make an inquiry here. can't 'splain it, but often it pays to ask both places.

yeah, and i'm pretty sure it will get worked out. it usua;;y does, but it almost never gets worked out unless you ask. often if it is a matter of importance only to you, you have to ask a few times.