Found Anything Cool

dantonac

Recently I was picking up some trash from a cache site that floods massively in every spring. Among the usual garbage I found a glass soda bottle that hasn't been made in probably 30 years. I tossed it, but the find brought back memories of my early childhood when such botles were the norm rather than the exception.

Anyway this got me to thinking that surely some others have found stuff while out and about that was interesting or at least not your garden varity trash.

In another thread, woody33 said this, below. Click on over - it was an interesting discussion.

I found several diffrent colors of fabric folded or rolled up, and tied together on a string hanging in a tree where there were no evidence of many people ever being while i was hiding my multi cache yesterday. The string had one color and down from it not touching each other was another,  I cant understand why it was there. does anyknow anything about this type of marking. The object in the tree was well off the beaten path. There was very little trash on the whole trail, all removed now.    <_<

Thanks for the link MissJen, that was an interesting read.

I will add that prior to my geocaching days I was visitting a friend in Kingman, Az. We drove for hours into the Mojave desert, explored the abandoned mineshafts and all that. In one place in the middle of nowhere there was an old, 1940-50's era car that was just a rusted shell at that point. It had bullet holes all through it. Initially I figured the holes were probably placed there after the car was abandoned, but not far away I found an very old cash register, the kind with the keys that are metal with metal arms underneath.

It makes me wonder if these weren't crooks that got shot up and never found due to the expansive emptiness of the desert. Too bad there was no GPS in those days. I would make a great spot to hide a cache. <_<

Edited by dantonac
<_< 2 1/2" tall "The Bayer Company Inc" ovular shaped aspirin bottle, REM-UMC NEW CLUB No. 12 (12 guage shotgun shell cap from the thirties), Fox head now sitting on my bookcase, petrified wood, graphite stick with screw on top contact (blasting electrode?), Electrical power line glass insulator, Gold Mine-nope not telling where it is, 1890's stage stop that still stands. <_<