Gps Caught Cheating Wife

derekdoubleut

First off, from someone who's been through the same wayward spouse problem, I extend to you my encouragement and support. I will not offer "sympathy" because this ought to be a new beginning of what I hope will be a more positive situation for you. Congratulations for your unique use of GPS technology to set you free.

I have found that going off to find a geocache or two is an *excellent* way to forget about a crazy ex-wife's last phone call to argue about a custody dispute. You can make your mind totally focus on that evil elusive microcache instead. I hope that you are able to continue enjoying our sport while you go through a few bumps in the road in the near term.

You may be interested in this Markwell to a thread from 2002 where Lyra, a geocaching attorney like me, discussed the use of GPS in another divorce case. I miss Lyra's contributions to the forums!

Good luck to you.

I had a suspicion something was up, so I put the GPSr in the backseat, under some papers.  She had no clue.

When she got home, I checked the track.  Sure enough I was right.

Now she's out and we're heading for divorce.  If not for my GPSr, it may have been a lot harder to confront her about it.

Good riddance.

It occurs to me that your “proof” may not be what you think it is.  A GPS would prove where the car went (and quite reliably, where your wife went in the car (assuming nobody else used the car without your knowledge), but it proves nothing about why the car or your wife went there, or what she did while there.  If you're going to accuse your wife of adultery, and destroy your marriage, I sure hope you have much better evidence than this.

And how did you get a reliable satelite lock with your GPS covered up. This sounds like a fish story to me, and I won't take the bait.

Try it for yourself. You'd be amazed what signals will go through.

<_< Surprised someone hasn't done this with their teenager? I'm glad there were no GPS's when I was growing up.. I can hear the conversation with my parents " now Son.. I see you were at this location for over 8 hours. I made a waypoint and checked the location. It lead me right to your girlfriends house.." :D:lol:

And how did you get a reliable satelite lock with your GPS covered up. This sounds like a fish story to me, and I won't take the bait.

Try it for yourself. You'd be amazed what signals will go through.

<_< Surprised someone hasn't done this with their teenager? I'm glad there were no GPS's when I was growing up.. I can hear the conversation with my parents " now Son.. I see you were at this location for over 8 hours. I made a waypoint and checked the location. It lead me right to your girlfriends house.." :D:lol:

It's an option now on some cars. Parents can d/l a track log with speed recorded. Via cell phone, I believe... REAL good thing I didn't grow up with this stuff...

Bob,

if that gps'r visited a motel 6 while the wifey was supposed to be at work ummm does that not amount to at least a preponderance of the evidence?

It'd depend on what else happened to be near that motel, I suppose.  Many motels, even low-end ones, either have restaurants associated with them on the same grounds, or at least are very close to restaurants.  Would the GPS data be sufficiently precise to distinguish between that restaurant and a room at the motel?  Was wifey having an affair, or just lunch?

Of course, one of those who spoke up in the much older thread had a point in saying, “But hey lets be honest at the point that someone is attaching a GPSr on a car to follow the spouse around the honeymoon is well beyond over. These two should be adults and call it a night.”.  If the relationship has deteriorated to the point where one has so much distrust of the other, that one resorts to such desperate means to try to “prove” the other's unfaithfulness, perhaps it'd be kinder to both of them to end the marriage.

I was accused of the same thing by my soon-to-be-X. Oddly, the “relationship” in question was purely platonic until well after she made the accusation. Some things are more of a blessing than one realizes at the time. I was on the fast boat out of there anyway. You see, it’s all about value and priority. I had none there, but found some in another. So it goes.

Far happier nonetheless. 

Well done my man... time to move on and find someone new. I experienced the same thing. After 15 years I discovered my wife was a tramp. Multiple affairs and being treated like crap, I just had enough. Yet, she thinks she deserves everything, which she basically got from me. I may be poor but I am far better off and way happier than I used to be.

Now.... I have the most wonderful woman (FallenFaery) who treats me like a king and loves to cache as much as I do. Heck, we drove 30 miles last night at 11:00 pm in single digit temps to grab a new cache that just went live. Crazy, yes but we had a great time being out past 2:00 am looking for another that we took a DNF on. How's that for a great gal? We are on the same page with almost everything. So it all turned out really great for me. I never would have what I have now if it weren't for her wandering vagina.

So there is hope that you will find a better person for you.

Move on, thank your lucky stars that you have your health. Keep a positive attitude. Geocaching got me thru alot of rough times.

Good luck and happy caching.

Edited by Special Ed
I had a suspicion something was up, so I put the GPSr in the backseat, under some papers.

And how did you get a reliable satelite lock with your GPS covered up.

Despite what Mopar seems to be insinuating above, my eTrex Vista gets a three-sat lock when sitting on my dining room table. The house is a brick ranch. Geocachers (and governors) in Arkansas should be able to do this as well since the signals should easily penetrate the aluminum siding of a double-wide trailer house. <_<

Edited by TresOkies++
I had a suspicion something was up, so I put the GPSr in the backseat, under some papers.

Despite what Mopar seems to be insinuating above, my eTrex Vista gets a three-sat lock when sitting on my dining room table. The house is a brick ranch. Geocachers (and governors) in Arkansas should be able to do this as well since the signals should easily penetrate the aluminum siding of a double-wide trailer house. <_<

sure it does :lol:

So.. how'd you determine you were right just from the track?

Jamie, I'm pretty sure you use a Meridian. On my mapping software Streets and Destinations (but not Topo for some reason), I can play back tracks which are even time stamped. You can watch the dot move on the map, stopping and going and turning down the streets with a time stamp and each track point. You can even speed up the replay of the tracks. I think this must have been in newer versions of the software.

Lesson learned: If you are going to cheat, make sure your spouse owns an Etrex <_<

Edited by cachew nut

sure it does :lol:

If I move there can I get high-def TV with metal foil on my rabbit ears too?

I had a suspicion something was up, so I put the GPSr in the backseat, under some papers.  She had no clue.

When she got home, I checked the track.  Sure enough I was right.

Now she's out and we're heading for divorce.  If not for my GPSr, it may have been a lot harder to confront her about it.

Good riddance.

It occurs to me that your “proof” may not be what you think it is. A GPS would prove where the car went (and quite reliably, where your wife went in the car (assuming nobody else used the car without your knowledge), but it proves nothing about why the car or your wife went there, or what she did while there. If you're going to accuse your wife of adultery, and destroy your marriage, I sure hope you have much better evidence than this.

How about an admission from her? Is her moving out and in with him good enough?

She's trash, now living in a trailer...how fitting (apologies in advance to non-trashy trailer dwellers).

She left behind me and our two year old son and hasn't visited since.

I should not have said the track proved adultery. But it did prove where she was when she said she was someplace 20 miles away.

I already knew his address, I just didn't know which trailer he lived in at the park.

It was covered by two pieces of paper. The last time I checked, radio signals go through paper. Also, the glass goes over the backseat where I placed the GPSr. So, reception wasn't a problem.

I did some experiemnting with placement before I left it when she went there.

What happened to the poster? Come on chime in!

Don't feel bad, but you will for a while.

I had a trip like you, and came out smelling like roses with my 3rd new wife!

For evidence I'm sure he knew and or was suspicious of someone to begin with, and just needed to see the car at that location?

I'm sorry.

I have been busy now adjusting to the single dad thing. I'm very fortunate to have a helpful family as a safety net. Mom has volunteered to foot the bill for the attorney. My STBX is burying herself by not coming to visit her son until after our custody hearing Jan 11.

I am better and better everyday. We were opposites, and I thought I could make it work with us. Lemme put it this way: She's Reality TV, I'm History Channel. That should give you an idea of about how little we had in common. She's dumbed herself down quite a bit now with her new beau.