Geocacher Status

Guest JamesBR

Guest JamesBR

These forums list some, including myself, as "junior geocachers" and others as "geocachers". How can I move up the geocaching ladder to become a fully fledged geocacher...or better yet a "senior geocacher"?

Guest Cape Cod Cache

I've been wondering about this as well... I haven't gotten off my God-Forsaken sandbar to find any caches. However, I will place a few in my 'best' areas. Please be nice, this is my 100 acre woods to my Christopher Robin

Guest swangner

Having just had my status change, I can say with some confidence that the change from "Junior Geocacher" to "Geocacher" occurs when you post your 31st message. At least that's what happened for me.

The forums and the web site aren't linked, so it's hard for me to inject scores from the site to the forums. We are working to integrate the two soon, however. When we do, we'll have a better way to "rate" folks icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

The forums and the web site aren't linked, so it's hard for me to inject scores from the site to the forums. We are working to integrate the two soon, however. When we do, we'll have a better way to "rate" folks icon_smile.gif

Jeremy

Guest doc_api

In all fairness, If you rate geocachers on logging or placing caches only, then people in an area where there are no caches to be found are at a distinct disadvantage.

[This message has been edited by doc_api (edited 02-27-2001).]

Guest nekosoft

Don't forget that once you make something like 70 posts you get upgraded to Trailguide.

(unless the "Trailguide" status is akin to "Moderator", in which case this post serves no other purpose than to further my trek from "junior" geocacher.)

nekosoft

Guest makaio

I hadn't really paid much attn to the tag before so I thought I'd post just to see what I am and how many posts I've made. Might just mean I talk too much icon_smile.gif

Well, this made 71 posts and I'm still a "Geocacher" so I guess "Trailguide" is equivelant to Moderator and I can't go any further icon_wink.gif

Matt

------------------

www.gpscache.com

10 507069E 5038901N

45.50361N -122.90951W

[This message has been edited by makaio (edited 03-01-2001).]

Guest makaio

I hadn't really paid much attn to the tag before so I thought I'd post just to see what I am and how many posts I've made. Might just mean I talk too much icon_smile.gif

Well, this made 71 posts and I'm still a "Geocacher" so I guess "Trailguide" is equivelant to Moderator and I can't go any further icon_wink.gif

Matt

------------------

www.gpscache.com

10 507069E 5038901N

45.50361N -122.90951W

[This message has been edited by makaio (edited 03-01-2001).]

Guest 300mag

quote:
Originally posted by JamesBR:

These forums list some, including myself, as "junior geocachers" and others as "geocachers". How can I move up the geocaching ladder to become a fully fledged geocacher...or better yet a "senior geocacher"?

I also wondered about this . I don't really care for the title i just like the game . It keeps me tuned up for my orienteering . I try to spend as much time in the outdoors as i can . I always have a map compass or gps with me . I am always looking for this magic lake or great spot out there... (sort of a geocache for me) especially during fishing or hunting season . This provides me with a good hobby in off season's . I have hidden a cache so far and eventually put some more up since this is fairly new to my area .About the reply's (post) i think it is a great way to share info. I enjoy reading them .Have fun :-)

Guest Steve D

.... and I think it also avoids the problem of these forums getting "clogged" with people simply trying to post as many messages, no mater WHAT they say, just to get a "promotion" out of it.