Coming Back Up North!

Kealia

Okay, it looks like we have a plan: 8:00 AM at the Sierra Ct. Trailhead tomorrow morning.

Should we get a head count? I think these people have spoken up as coming or wanting to come:

Kealia

hydnsek

LittleBlue

runhills

LandRoverII

Lucy

Pepper

* Weightman

* Jester

* Moun10Bike

(* indicates possible attendance)

Did I miss anyone?

<Sigh>Pepper cannot make an Eight O-clock meet time. :grin:

Somebody has to get the children up, feed, and off to school.

Y'all have fun!

Pepper

Moun10Bike, are you not 100% going to make it? It looks like you listed yourself as *potential*??

Just got done with meetings and am going to grab dinner and then head to bed. Got NO sleep last night and am exhausted.

Will check in again a bit later but I will definitely be there.

This @#$%^^$#@ cold is still hanging on. I have been fighting this off for over two weeks now and it still wants to stick around. Since I will have two very long days this coming weekend and so it is better if I stay home and take care of this thing.

Sorry I would love to cache with you folks tomorrow, but it just won't work out. Maybe next time.

Flight home got delayed just a bit and I was lucky enough to find a hot spot at Sea-Tac so I could keep myself entertained for while....

Thanks to all of you that made it out today - I had a great time exploring the mountain and chatting with you all. Thanks a million for making Washington feel like home.

Hope to see you all on the next trip and meet a few that didn't make it today.

Guess I have to go caching this weekend to drop off the TBs I picked up. No, really honey, I HAVE to :P .

I'll log my finds tonight/tomorrow morning so I can pick up the TBs (and other things :P ) after they've been properly dropped.

Edited by Kealia

Glad to hear youse guys had a good time. Sure wish I could have joined in, but it's the last week of the fiscal quarter at work and when I asked they just laughed at me...and my boss even caches!

And huffing and puffing up and down a mountain would have been soooooo much preferrable to what I was really doing today... :P

Hope to see you next time Kealia, but expect a message/e-mail from me as soon as I get my sig items made... :P

Fun fun fun! Ok, maybe I'm a little sore... :P Thanks again to my ever tolerant husband for making room in his schedule to cover some kid picking up and dropping off so I could make it on the hike. It was my first big mountain caching hike. I hope it will be the first of many! Since the girls came along we don't do the longer hike, elevation gain stuff very often anymore. We had never even hiked at Squak- so it was a double first for me. Had great fun chatting with everyone and enjoyed hiking with Chester the canine cacher. Hope we'll do this again some time!

Great hike! My recorded track clocked in at 7.39 miles when all was said and done. I have some updating of my maps to do, as we discovered that some of the trails don't go exactly where the Green Trails map indicates.

Kealia, I look forward to your next trip up here! Maybe then we will have a chance to sit down in the pub and visit a little more - sorry I was so rushed near the end today, but duty (or SWMBO) calls! :P

By the way, here's what the view from the Squak Mountain summit looks like on a clear day (taken in January of 2003 on my last hike up there):

030118_010.jpg

Had a great time today. This was probably my longest hike I have take since highschool (1981) and boy can I tell and will be able to tell even more come tomorrow morning. Good to meet new cachers and some that I haven't seen since way back at the GHCM three weeks ago :P.

FYI the locationless is on page 8 of the listings.

My track log say 6.73 miles but I like Moun10Bike's numbers better.

My track log say 6.73 miles but I like Moun10Bike's numbers better.

Don't forget that I ran back on the Old Grizzly Trail to see where it intersected with the Central Peak Trail. My out and back on that probvably accounts for most of that, plus there was my trip with runhills to hide the TerraCache.

EGH, I took a photo of you log at Tie Mill, as well as mine and EraSeek's!

FYI - I'm down with the flu today y'all. Make sure to double up on your vitamin C and wash your hands often.

Moun10Bike, this is especially true for you. I'd hate to heat that the littlest cacher was sick.

Ok, typing this has exhausted me. Back to sleep.....

Wow, what a fun day that was - thanks, y'all! That series was at the top of my list, and I'm glad I had such a great group to do it with. Can't wait to hike with y'all again - and Chester! Can he be our mascot?

Hey MTB - see how fast that coin of yours got snapped up from the Native Plants cache? LittleBlue and I was so good to resist temptation. :)

I'm sorry to hear Kealia got the flu - that was sudden! You seemed just fine yesterday afternoon. My only complaint is my muscles...and I have a nice massage scheduled for tomorrow. Ahhhhh.

Glad we can log the locationless cache. In cruising the pages looking for it, I learned about a few others that I can probably log w/o too much trouble. Cool.

hydnsek

The cache at the west end of the tunnel is Iron Horse. It is about half a mile from Tunnel of Light. Both can be reached via the tunnel that opens in May. They are also available via the Annette Lake trail. Right now that trail does require some hiking in the snow although not as much as in other years. I would suggest holding off on those until after the tunnel opens. It is awesome to hike through the tunnel.

That's right - I forgot about Tiger Mtn. That would complete the Hat Trick of the Snoq. Alps if I'm not mistaken.

Raining today and not many caches to go after that won't get me really muddy so I think I'm confined indoors today. At least there's a fun Event Cache tonight.