50 Cal Ammo Cans

MarcusArelius

I am not sure why the first thread was closed so I may be treading on thin ground. But...

Good news!

It appears that I won the bid on lot 7439 for the 15 pallets of 50 caliber ammo cans. Depending on how many of the 403 cans are useable (with lids) my cost, and yours, should be around $1.50 per can. :blink:

Email me if you want some and/or want to help pick them up at Fort Lewis.

I will get confirmation of the bid acceptance tommorrow and will see when the pickup times are.

So far I've heard from about 20 people that want about half the load. I also have to contact LthrWrk to get his list and yahoo group data.

Thanks for everyone offering to help haul! I figure I will ask one or two people to come with me to the fort.

Then as we drive back up I-5 we could meet folks along the way at strategic exits to drop off batches. How's that sound?

Now everyone is going to sign a pledge to only use these for quality caches. :blink: Right?

I will get confirmation of the bid acceptance tommorrow and will see when the pickup times are.

So far I've heard from about 20 people that want about half the load. I also have to contact LthrWrk to get his list and yahoo group data.

Thanks for everyone offering to help haul! I figure I will ask one or two people to come with me to the fort.

Then as we drive back up I-5 we could meet folks along the way at strategic exits to drop off batches. How's that sound?

Now everyone is going to sign a pledge to only use these for quality caches. :blink: Right?

You don't have to worry about that on my part. LOL Some of those boxes will end up in high places.

I got the confimation today and the bill.

The pickup opprotunities are 12/27/04-1/7/05 07:30-14:30, excluding weekends and holidays. I probably try for Monday morning on the 27th.

The total was $551.07

$463 to the military, $46.30 to the web site, and $41.77 to the state

If all 403 are there, and usable, my per can cost is $1.37

I'm still going to charge $1.50 per can to absorb any unusable cans and pay for gas.

It's not just because I don't want to make change... really! :angry:

MA, I will try and make it to the party location before you leave.  Peace, Nolenator

Same Here.

I'm getting there early and can transfer cans to my car for whoever is going to be late. I also have Thursday and Friday off and could deliver, especially in the north end, and eastside.

MA, I will try and make it to the party location before you leave.  Peace, Nolenator

Same Here.

I'm getting there early and can transfer cans to my car for whoever is going to be late. I also have Thursday and Friday off and could deliver, especially in the north end, and eastside.

We plan to get there early to pick up ours, but please save them for us just in case we're a little late.