Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Camo-crazed

Forum Tendencies

88 posts in this topic

What do you usually do in the forums

1. lurk and only respond to threads occasionally.

2. powerpost and have the last log on the first 7 threads displayed

3. pace yourself and post regularly but not all at once.

4. posts? what posts? This is my first time here.

I happen to be a type 2.

right and with only 4000+ posts this is definatly another first timer, see that topic pinned at the top of this forum? yea the lurker one....

:D:D<_<:o:P:P:):(:(

Lurk <_<

Member 35396, with 27 posts! That's about as lurky as you can get. The OP should be honored by your presence jbar.

Good looking Dal in your avitar, by the way.

2/3 I guess. I tend to be a huge forum reader. I read forums from around the US and the world. I have also found that reading Spanish language forums is particularly good Spanish practice for me. Anyway, I like to see what people are saying and what they think. I also read and post in forums on non-geocaching subjects, like Irish dance, anime, or ice skating. But I am not really a "power poster" because while I tend to post quite a bit here and on a few regional forums, I don't post at all on many that I read. I figure in many instances, I really am not involved in the area or the issues and while I can learn interesting things by reading, I don't care to get involved and/or would be out of place or out of line getting involved. I also tend to avoid posting in some topics just because I prefer to read and stay out of the debate. This is true not only in geocaching forums, but in other forums that I am involved with.

2 because I seem to have more time than most people. but then it got embarrasing, so I try to do #3.

I am a type 1 because I am not a good typist and find typing very tedious. I love reading the forums, so I lurk a lot.

1 I rarely post unless I have something I think is worth saying about a topic I think is worth commenting on.

Usually #1, but #3 if it is something that I find of interest.

I guess I'd be a 1...although lately i've been a bit more "chatty". Prob cause I'm stuck at home for the past few weeks.

#3 - Only been a member for a little over a month, the Forums are great!

POST? POST? I can POST? I wondered how all these messages got in here...

Kewl.

#1 - because the #2's usually beat me to posting what I would have said anyway!

#1. I lurk and only post when I have something to say. <_<

#1. I lurk and only post when I have something to say.  :o

... which is almost never. <_<

Put me down for #3 ... I rarely lurk, if I'm not posting, i'm not in front of the PC.

I'm a lurker, unless there's a subject that particularly interests me... I have started posting a little more lately, though

Finally, a topic I'm well qualified to comment on.

Lurking, always lurking... but learning too.

I'm #1, I mean I am a #1 type. Lukering, learning, occassionally posting.

I would probably be best described as a #1, in that I read the forums regularly, but I only post if I feel I have something of substance to add to the conversation.

#1. I lurk and only post when I have something to say. :o

I'd like to revise my earlier post and just say "ditto" to Mr. Snat <_<

#1. I lurk and only post when I have something to say.  :(

I'd like to revise my earlier post and just say "ditto" to Mr. Snat :)

hehehehe

I should probably revise what I said at the begining of this topic and say that I am also a 2/3 instead of just 2 because after I am done caching, er.. catching up on whatever I missed while I was away I don't keep posting quite as fast.

its amazing how many #4s or 1s posted on this topic. I wish that this level of participation could be found all over the forums. only problem is then there wouldn't be 4s and 1s. :angry:

Merry Christmas :lol::(:lol::lol:

I am typically a 1. I would like to be more active in the forums but I haven't had the time to really sit down and figure out how to manage the forums. I've tried just cliking on the "read new" links but found I would lose posts if I didn't read all that interested me in one sitting. Now I just pop in every once in a while.

#1+#3. Does that make me a #4? :angry:

wimseyguy Posted on Dec 22 2004, 03:16 PM

#1+#3. Does that make me a #4? 

:angry: Not sure? depends on how you count or what you are counting..

thumb_312multiply.jpg

Edited by Hogarth