Need Alot Of Cheap Ammo Cans?

magking1971

Clicky thing

Sure you get 5 pallets of cans at a time but the key word is cheap!

These are in the Ft. Lewis area BTW

And no I have nothing to do with this site but I just like to give everyone a heads up on bargans. :cool:

There is one there for three pallets of 50 Cal Ammo cans where the current bid is $1.

I could haul away 1 pallet, but I don't think I could handle three.

Thanks for the inputs.

Ray&Rose.. kewl.. that you picked up a sig item. Which mount?

Sharing costs.. I wont bid too high on these.. heck it is Christmas heheh.. funds were not planned for this.

If I do happen to win the larger (5 Pallets) I will need some help with em. My guess is that one of the retail stores will try and bid em up??

I think the same people who own Northern Sales, Mt Vernon .. own 4 other locations.

At any rate.. least I am willing to keep everyone posted how it is going.

Not looking to get 'in the business' of retailing these things. You can message me off the forum also.

I bid on the 3 pallet and 5 pallet .. emmm.. dont have the lot numbers.. but also have not figured out how to sort it out.  at $2/can then that is way past where I was willing to go.

Are you saying that $2 a can is too much? Or that 52 cans X $2 = $104 and that's too much up front? Or? <_<

Next month would be a different story but not ready to pop out much more. This auction closes the 22nd. Payment is taken at closing. Soo.. going to see how this goes. The mechanics of how it works if nothing else. There will always be more of these coming along. Now if those interested want to paypal some $$$ on speculation heheheh.

added: Didnt think so many would be interested. Those that are.. email me off the forum will see if I can work something more organized out.

Edited by LthrWrk

Howdy. I think that the WSGA could probably front the cost of one of the lots. I was thinking that the three pallets of .30 cal cans would be the most useful. Since it sounds like there is already bidding going on from within the group, I won't place another bid. I'll check with the other WSGA officers, but I think we could go as high as $2 (or maybe $2.50) per can and feel comfortable with that. We could then resell them to individual Northwest geocachers at cost. I think that we could get a few distribution points--e.g. Seattle, Spokane, Wenatchee, and Vancouver/PDX.

I'd be able to pick up the three pallet order in my Expedition--if I had another strong arm accompany me.

Seth!

I've got a small SUV put I also have a small utility trailer that could hold a lot of ammo cans with out having to stack them up in some ones vehicle.

LthrWrk, it was the Griffin mount sorry it took me so long had to get it from Rose to see which one it was. She grabbed it out of the cache so fast I didn't get a good look at it the first time.

Ok.. possibly someone from the list of us will pick up the bidding. I kinda jumped in with passion ahead of brain. Of course late recognition it ends the 22nd.

I could compile the list off the forum please. Send email thru my profile,

email me with:

Name

email address of course

contact phone number

How many cans you would like.

I am sure this wont be the last load available of these.

I've taken an informal poll of some of the gang up here in the Vancouver/Lower Mainland area and as long as the cost stays around $4.00-$5.00 Canadian max (after transportation and border fees), we could easily use up 100 cans here amongst those that have expressed an interest. A bid price of $2.00 US per can would easily keep the price at or below the $4-$5 CDN range.

I've got a 3/4 ton pickup and am quite often <_< down in the King County area on caching runs <_< so I could help out with transportation

Generally I am not sure about doing this on the forums so I created a temporary group. I have more time than $$$ so can organize and coordinate..

nolenator may take up the bidding.

geocachecans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Edited by LthrWrk

I am a bit confused here. It appears that on lot# 7441 there are 52 units of 3 pallets of 50 cal cans. The going bid is $82.00, not bad. Would somebody else take a look at this and make sure I am looking at it correctly. If it is the case do we want to buy 2 units (6 pallets). It seems like we have enough interest and it would be enough cans so all could get as many as they want at a little less than $2 a can depending on how many cans are on a pallet. Peace, Nolenator

I am a bit confused here. It appears that on lot# 7441 there are 52 units of 3 pallets of 50 cal cans. The going bid is $82.00, not bad. Would somebody else take a look at this and make sure I am looking at it correctly. If it is the case do we want to buy 2 units (6 pallets). It seems like we have enough interest and it would be enough cans so all could get as many as they want at a little less than $2 a can depending on how many cans are on a pallet. Peace, Nolenator

I looked at the 'Excel' file mentioned at the top of the auction page, and the heading for 'Qty' is 'Qty in Lot'. From that I'd say it means "3 pallets totalling 52 cans" and when I clicked on the picture icon, it seems to indicate that as well, but that's just my guess at decyphering military intelligence...such as it is.

Someone should probably contact someone at the auction site to be sure.

Lot numbers

1208/7434 5 Pallets of 30 cal ammo cans and 1 pallet of lids. Qty in lot 205... current bid $153.50

1208/7441 3 pallets of 50 cal ammo cans Qty in lot 52 current bid $82.00

oops..

Paste into an email.. geocachecans-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or goto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/geocachecans/

Subscribe to this group if you want to participate in getting some of these cans. It is just going to be a temporary group.