Ashes To Caches

Ben Pid

:cool:

I just read a fantastic article in a newspaper I found on the train, amused me somewhat. It was the Sun. Which is probably why it amused me...anyway...

It was about crazy coffins people are buried in and crazy things people do to have the last laugh.

Some of them included being buried in a Tardis, having Ashes shot upto Space, Having Ashes sailed out to sea on a viking longboat....to name a few....

LoL. Which leads to my light hearted question on the caching forum (not meant in a morbid way)...Who would have a last caching laugh when they have passed away?

Some of the ideas could include:

Having ashes buried in a lunchbox

Having ashes made part of an active cache or multi cache

Having Grave stone used as part of multi

Having Ashes made into a travel Bug

Scattered on favourite cache site.

So....Who would seriously consider this? I think having ashes scattered on favourite cache site is a good one. Wouldnt mind that! know its a great place.

B)

Edited by Ben Pid

You mean like This one - Unlce Elwyn?

I think it's quite a cool idea. How about having a cache container built into your gravestone?

On a cache near me a micro is hidden by a gravestone and the grave marker give a clue to it's location. Last time I was there I weeded the grave (covered in coloured chippings) for the sake of my geocaching kharma (maaan).

My ashes are going into a river so that I can end up as rain and then rain on you when you go caching :cool:

Here's ONE for PYoung1 and MarkGPX. And only just down the A50 Mark B)

During my first marriage I hitched up a two adult Cambridge sidecar to my 500cc Matchless motorbike....I rode with it for nearly a year....in the end I had to give up on the idea as I never had so many close calls on the road as with this combo ... and that was with expert help setting it up.

So I wouldn't trust my coffin to this hearse...no way...I might end up in an accident!

:DB):DB)B):D:cool:

Bill.

Since neither of you have done my latest 'plant' I'm not sure you can comment...?

Unless you're talking about me ripping the arse out of my trousers while setting it and having to walk back to the car 'flapping' and with a very cold buttock, in which case you're spot-on Pid! However, since this is the first time I've admitted to the incident, I'm not quite sure where you're coming from...

SP

Edit - I just looked at the cache page for Half Hidden again and can't see any obvious lack of dignity there. However, I can see I'm being undignified by taking comments about the relative dignity of my last hide to heart so I'd like to apologise to Pid and JollyJax for that.

Edited by Simply Paul

I too must apologise Paul ... have just re-read Pids post about Dignity and have realised its definitely about your LAST half hide ... which as you rightly say I havent looked at even yet.

Have decided to make an early new years resolution ... Learn to read what it says on a page and NOT what I think it says ...

Yours in Humility

Bob

<_<

You could have your ashes buried at a mystery place by a caching friend, who could then send the co-ordinates to all your relatives with a request that they find the cache...er, ash...location to pay their respects. Then at least one of them might be converted to geocaching to carry on your good work in the field. :laughing:

I think I'm there before you folks - so to speak. I think I've urned it. Death Cache has been up and running for some time - though as far as decay goes - its quicker with wicker - as they say. I've never thought smoking was a good idea, so no burnt offerings from me - just something a worm can get its teeth into. :lol:

Enough PUNishment for one posting .... :P

Here's ONE for PYoung1 and MarkGPX. And only just down the A50 Mark <_<

During my first marriage I hitched up a two adult Cambridge sidecar to my 500cc Matchless motorbike....I rode with it for nearly a year....in the end I had to give up on the idea as I never had so many close calls on the road as with this combo ... and that was with expert help setting it up.

So I wouldn't trust my coffin to this hearse...no way...I might end up in an accident!

:unsure::lol::P:P:lol::blink::ph34r:

Bill.

I think Bill set the standard for the perfect send-off here

A great day for a great guy ^_^:lol:

My ashes won't feed the goldfish though ;)

Nice place Alastair. I'm heading up to Hay Tor rocks in a few weeks to do a rock climbing course. Look out for another 5/5 in the next year or so maybe, hehe.

but there's already an earth cache there isn't there?

well i want to buried under a sapling so in a few years you can hide a cache in the tree roots over my head.

:o