The 2005 Great American Baseball Stadium Travel Bu

Team PEZ

Well, it'll depend on if I can find the proper item for the bug or not.. And if I can afford tags or not. lol.

I'm having enough trouble affording the tags for my own TB bug race!

well youve got plenty of time to do it! we hope that you and other will join. take a look at our webpage, travel bug racer to see the past travel bug races.

did we mention that there are travel bug tags given out to whomever visits the

pre-determined mystery stadium? visit or web page for more details and awards!

And Corey fogot to talk about the weekly updates, with comic comments. And Weekly updated leaderboard!! Links to all the racers. Milage awards, mystery stadium awards.

Come join the fun.

No fees and we host an event for local cachers to meet and stuff their face and kick off the race. Most bugs go from the race down the road 18 miles and get the first stadium, The "Ted" Braves Stadium that day.

Come join us or e-mail any questions

TOm

Edited by GA Cacher

I've found the item I was looking for... (The Clean Shower/MacAttack #8 Monte Carlo race car from the year he set 70 HR).... and it's sitting here with me now. When I order TB tags, I'm going to get one for the race and enter my car.

Doubtful that I'll be able to get to the event cache that day (Although atlanta is only four hours away), so let me know where to send my bug.

I've found the item I was looking for... (The Clean Shower/MacAttack #8 Monte Carlo race car from the year he set 70 HR).... and it's sitting here with me now. When I order TB tags, I'm going to get one for the race and enter my car.

Doubtful that I'll be able to get to the event cache that day (Although atlanta is only four hours away), so let me know where to send my bug.

email is on its way!

this isn't a big deal, but i noticed that the rules mentioned a hypothetical situation with visiting "giants stadium in new jersey". This struck me as odd because that's a football stadium, but that doesn't invalidate the point you were trying to make.

always a stickler,

rachmanut

hehe ...yes, you are correct. with several travel bug races going on that we need to keep up with, occasionally we will inter mingle ... thanks for the point.

;)

I have bugs both in MLB Travel Bug Race (See Spot) and in NFL Travel Bug Race (Georgie, The Bull Dog). It is very exciting to watch your TB go from cache to cache, visiting the various stadiums. You find yourself getting cought up in the moment. If you enter consider yourself being a part of something truly great!

Amy

Geo Buddies Web Page

All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered:

the point is to discover them.

~ Galileo Gallei

We're in! Now need to come up with a bug. Hmmm...

Hopefully this racer will do better that out other MLB & NFL racers. These entries have been held hostage for over two months. One, I fear, is lost since the holder has less than 10 finds and has not logged for months. Such is life of a TB.

Edited by NWscout1
We're in! Now need to come up with a bug. Hmmm...

Hopefully this racer will do better that out other MLB & NFL racers. These entries have been held hostage for over two months. One, I fear, is lost since the holder has less than 10 finds and has not logged for months. Such is life of a TB.

Glad you have joined our race!

I would like to mention one thing. Unfortunately as we send TB out to the world we are at the whim on the finder. We at TBR keep a watch over all the bugs as best we can.

In the race rules we have "In order to be fair to all the other contestants, once the race begins, please do not aid, assist or handle any of the other 2005 baseball racers. It is encouraged that all participants attach some form of race information on their travel bug. The use of notes, maps, zips lock baggies, etc. to aid their bug’s travels is highly recommended. Remember, not all geocachers are familiar with travel bugs and/or travel bug racing."

This does not preclude you from posting to a cache page asking the next finder to move the bug. We have posted notes to cache pages and e-mailed cachers that have our racing TB's in hand. Each time politely nudging the TB along.

Personally once a TB of mine has sat 6 weeks I post a note and e-mail the holder. You just shouldn't ask the next cacher or present holder to place in a specific cache near them that would be an assist in our view. Just as asking them to mail or ship it to a new location or geo-buddy would. Of course mailing TB's to us to place in the starting Event so all TB's start from the same location is the exception to mailing.

Best of Luck to all,

GA Cacher, Team PEZ and Team Happyspider

We will bring "Pinch-Hitter" to the Feb. GGA meeting! We are planning to attend the April kick-off too, but I believe you said you needed to have the racers before then?

Thanks for the fun!

Great please drop Picnh Hitter in the race Kick Off event as I will be putting together the Racers page at TBR this week. Then Bring it to the Feb meeting or just bring it to the Event Kick Off as you wish.

Thanks for entering.

Good Luck

GA Cacher

So I just drop my bug in the event cache and mail it to you?

Sounds groovy! Is the date of the event the deadline for getting the bugs to you, or is it sooner?

Where do I send it?

Thanks!

Yes please drop it into the event and mail it to us so that it will arrive in time. We will bring it to the event to start the race. Event waypoint is GCM2XX . I sent my snail mail address to you via your profile.

Tom

travelbugracer@gmail.com

I'm having exceptional luck in my race, so I'm a bit worried that I won't have the best of luck in this one. lol. Still, MacAttack has been picked up and logged already and the person who got it said its en route to Atlanta already.

Good Luck to the other racers, but may ye finishe behind me.