Uk Gps/geocaching Bargains Thread

davester

If anyone in the Richmond (N Yorks) area is in the market for a new Gps you could do worse than try Gilsan Sports in the market place. Garmin catalogue says the Venture is £158. Got mine for £124, ordered yesterday, picked up today. I haven't seen one any cheaper on the net. (There will be dozens now that I've parted with my hard earned!)

If anyone in the Richmond (N Yorks) area is in the market for a new Gps you could do worse than try Gilsan Sports in the market place.  Garmin catalogue says the Venture is £158.  Got mine for £124, ordered yesterday, picked up today.  I haven't seen one any cheaper on the net. (There will be dozens now that I've parted with my hard earned!)

http://www.thenavigationcompany.com/products.php £115 always the case aint it :rolleyes::unsure: but not that much cheaper

dave

Edited by oddsock
New Gps website found, Essentialgps Quite a few toys on there.  :rolleyes:

Seems a bit pricey on GPS : eg gpsmap 60 £272 same thing from Sport extreme and Apsid shop £50 quid less inc postage!

dave

Hi - thanks for finding our site, but unfortunately we are not live yet.

We have some more to do to add new ranges (Magdellan being one of them) and a review of the pricing :rolleyes:

Hoping to launch this week :)

Thanks anyway.

We have some more to do to add new ranges (Magdellan being one of them) and a review of the pricing :rolleyes:

Some pretty serious reviews of the prices I hope!

For the price you are listing the 60CS at you can get a 60CS AND a Legend from Global Positioning Systems and still have around £9 in your pocket.

Edited by Motley Crew
We have some more to do to add new ranges (Magdellan being one of them) and a review of the pricing :lol:

Some pretty serious reviews of the prices I hope!

For the price you are listing the 60CS at you can get a 60CS AND a Legend from Global Positioning Systems and still have around £9 in your pocket.

I'm not holding my breath for price reviews & to be honest I'm not sure I would want to buy from somewhere where they can't even get the name of their products correct (unless Magellan have changed their name :P ).

I just ordered my new GPS from http://www.aspidshop.com. They do mail order from Spain (or is it Portugal). I'm promised that my new 60cs (well, I got some tax money back!) will have the UK manual, although you can always download Garmin manuals anyway. It worked out about 60 pounds less than the same package from globalpositioningsystems.co.uk.

Hmm, let's hope you don't get stung for Import Duty and VAT plus the Post Office 'handling charge' for the privilege of collecting the Duty & tax! :D

Hmm, let's hope you don't get stung for Import Duty and VAT plus the Post Office 'handling charge' for the privilege of collecting the Duty & tax!  :D

As it's within the EU, VAT is paid in the sending country (i.e. Spain) at their VAT rate (19%) and there isn't any import duty.

This is the same for Spain to France or Spain to UK.