Uk Gps/geocaching Bargains Thread

davester

Another great great bargain, although you'll have to be lucky to get one as they keep popping in and out of stock. I've got one on the way hopefully. Should help to ease the problem of getting to a place to park before getting the real GPS out for caching.

A Medion Pocket PC with GPS receiver and navigation software for only £80 + postage.

At http://www.medionshop.co.uk

Click on refurbished products.

Product Description

Navigation for Europe including England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and Major Roads of Europe.

Plug and Play - Ready for immediate use

Mobile and Flexible

Specifications

Intel Xscale 400MHz Processor

TFT display with 65,536 colours

Weight: 125g

SD/MCC slot

L x W x H: 12.2 x 7.3 x 1.4 cm

Comprehensive Software Package

Pocket Excel

Pocket Word

Pocket Internet Explorer

Mail Inbox (email program)

Windows Media Player 9 for Pocket PC

Outlook 2002

Navigation Software

Microsoft Synchronisation Software

System Requirements

Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP

Intel Pentium Processor 233MHz or higher

CD-ROM drive USB port v1.1 or v2.0 port

40MB Hard Disk Space for Software Installation

Optional: 650MB for Map Data (navigator)

12V Cigarette lighter in vehicle

Warranty

12 months warranty

It would appear that it is out of stock :P

Yes, but it was out of stock not soon after I ordered yesterday. I was going to post it then but there seemed little point when it was out stock.

However, it has come back into stock on three separate occasions this morning. Perhaps they have a real time stock system and keep adding more.

It would be an incredible bargain if you can grab one.

It would appear that it is out of stock  :unsure:

Yes, but it was out of stock not soon after I ordered yesterday. I was going to post it then but there seemed little point when it was out stock.

However, it has come back into stock on three separate occasions this morning. Perhaps they have a real time stock system and keep adding more.

It would be an incredible bargain if you can grab one.

The link has now changed to read 'sorry no items in this category', whereas earlier today there was an item but out of stock each time I tried.

Ah well, added a bit of excitement to the day.

just found a  supplier of geocaching stuff thats local to me,does all the bits n pieces inc travel bugs :rolleyes:..finger technology ltd,tel 0870 350 0001..hes based in radlett herts.nice bloke to

Ummm seems a little pricey to me......

Pengy

£182.13 for a 512mb CF card :tired:, just bought a Kingston 512 mb CF card on ebay for £23.57 :) .

Garmin eTrex £141.00, £70 on ebay incl p+p.

in my case convenience overides any slight price fluctuation  :huh: .

Not all prices are a slight fluctuation, so shop around a bit before paying through the nose for convenience

And I have another two for you!

15% off the entire Paramo waterproof range. These are by far the best breathable waterproofs available. I've had a Cascada jacket for over 10 years and it's as good as the day I bought it. Higher performance than Goretex and much more comfortable.

http://w01-0504.web.dircon.net/acatalog/Paramo_Clothing.html

And if you need a decent quality walking boot for geocaching through the winter mud, there is an excellent deal on at Millets online. £35 buys you a Sympatex (like Goretex) lined suede boot with a Vibram sole.

http://www.millets.co.uk/cgi-bin/Millets.f...ducts/081785251

Hitch & Hike ,a quality shop.If you buy a GPS from them ,ask for Shaun and if you're really nice to him he'll set it up for you so its up and running out of the box.

As for Paramo I've worn it for years,if its good enough for Mountain Rescue teams its good enough for me. :laughing:

As for Paramo I've worn it for years,if its good enough for Mountain Rescue teams its good enough for me. :laughing:

And the nice people at Paramo will make alterations (fit an extra side panel) to their largest size jackets to accomodate those of us with the slightly less than slim figures. :P

I never go anywhere without mine being in the car. Excellent kit.

-

If we plug PARAMO enough,do you think we'll get some freebies :laughing:

Probably not, but you can nip along to the Paramo shop on the Durgates Industrial Estate in Wadhurst and pick up "seconds" for even more bargainiferous prices. For example, there is a range produced for the National Trust of Scotland which didn't sell particularly well being sold off at great prices for perfect gear. No different from the normal stuff but just branded National Trust of Scotland.

And if it sounds like I work for them......well now I do. Well, for Nikwax anyway.

:rolleyes:

Just spotted these battery cases on EBay. £1.50 each with P&P. Thought they looked okay and I have ordered (won?!) some.

I think these are a little more robust and at £4.98 for 3 aren't that much more expensive.

I've bought a load of them anf leave them as cache swaps when (if) I find anything in a cache worth swapping.

I still have mine from a year ago - very comfotable indeed as I can verify when I did the national Three Peaks last June and not a single blister to show for it!!!

Plus the soles still has plenty tread left - also good for wadding through deep becks while headling up Mickle Fell!!! :unsure:

So get then while in stock I would buy another pair but I aint into stocking up.

Just popped into Woolies whilst in town this afternoon and they have all their "cache boxes" at half price.

Got 6 little square boxes 2" x 2" x 2" 99p

1 x 0.4 ltr plastic beaker with screw lid 99p

1 x 1.5ltr medium size sandwich box 79p

8 cache boxes for £2:77 didn't think that was bad. Not sure if that's nationwide but it is in Alnwick, Northumberland.

Kev