Looking For Kid Friendly Recommendations

georgiadawn

Hey there .... can you guys help me out with some kid friendly caches off of Hwy 78 between Tupelo MS and Birmingham AL and on the other side of Birmingham along I-20 to GA (read: caches in parks with playgrounds.)

Even though the weather may be frightful during our travel time (over Christmas,) they will need to blow off a bit of stuck-in-the-car-jitters and we would like to do some treasure hunting along the way. Thanks!

mm and crew

edited for typos

Edited by mississippimorning

Hey, I'm headed that route myself tomorrow morning! Got a few querys loaded around New Albany and Tupelo, but most look like micros. There's no playground, but if you're in Birmingham, I recommend Rick and Bubba's Big Boy Bluff Cache. Nice view, not too tough, and the kids will get a kick out of the old Big Boy!

If you make it all the way to Atlanta, I highly recommend Altoona Pass Battlefield for an enjoyable hike, a nice lake, and great historical value, if you're into civil war history like I am! There's two others in the same park, too.

Have a safe trip!

Edited by Spencersb
Thanks Spence! I'll take note of those and check them out. I am actully heading past Atlanta to the Athens area. I hope to grab several in the middle Georgia area area when I visit my Mom as well. What takes you to those parts? Have a great trip and be safe!

Blessings, Dawn

I'm in Birmgingham on business. I'm returning home tomorrow morning, but I'll have a non-cacher with me that needs to get home, oddly enough, named Dawn and lives in Southaven! I'll only get to hit one or two this trip. B) Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

Edited by Spencersb

There are many in Jasper that would be good. 2 of ours are close to a public lake with trails: GCDE5E and GCJVFW. This one has playgrounds nearby, but is a micro(no-trade items for the kiddies B) ) GCJ4BD.

Many more close to hwy 78 IF you go thru town instead of I-22. Search using zip 35501. Have a safe trip and Merry Christmas!! :cool: