Shipping Chrages

The SuzyQs

Ok, I wanted to order 1 item. A single Geocaching Hiking staff emblem. A very inexpensive and small item, but I was detered from ordering it as the shipping costs were twice as much as the single item. Why does the Groundspeak store only use UPS? Dropping this emblem in the mail with a $0.37 stamp and it would get here fine. But I am not paying twice the price of an item to have it shipped here.

Don't shop much on line do you?  :anicute:

Our partner, Sunrise Identity, only ships packages via UPS. UPS has a minimal cost on shipping which is around $5 (I don't know exactly since it changes often). We have been pushing them to ship via USPS but they have been working on other systems and this has been deemed low priority. Which is why on some lower cost items we have a site for shipping via USPS in-house for the calendar and for travel bugs.

None of the shipping costs we have contain any "handling" fees, which BlueDeuce seems to be alluding to.

Edited by Jeremy

Alluding to handling fees? I was alluding to the fact that trying to buy a low priced item on line usually means that shipping fees tend to match or exceed the cost of the item. People who haven’t often purchased products on-line tend to be surprise by these costs differences.

The solution is to contact others to share shipping fees.

I assume you didn’t care for my “solidarity” type comments.

Edit: spelling

Edited by BlueDeuce

Everyday can you read on the internet and in magazines: "It is expensive to shop on the internet. Handling charges can cost more than the item."

In some cases: Yes.

But compare the differences!

You can shop 24/7 at an internetstore, you don't have to leave your home to drive to a store while it is open. When you get there, the item is out of stock. At the internetstore can you as a said, purchase the item at any time, it will be delivered to your home.

You can never satisfy every customer. If you choose to deliver with USPS will some people complain, if you choose UPS will some people complain, and the same thing with FedEx or whatever company you want to choose.

Every shop chooses the solution that works best with their business and computer systems.

I was looking earlier today about purchasing an item on the internet, but it turned out that the shop wanted SEK100+SEK30 (SEK130, about USD18.60) in shipping and handling charges for one thing costing SEK29. I did order it, but not within Sweden, I ordered it from England instead. It costed me about SEK70 including shipping and handling. SEK89 cheaper than ordering within my country, but still the handling cost was much bigger than the value of the product. But I wanted the product, and the alternative should be to take my car and drive 1000 km to the store in the other end of the country :unsure: So, looking at the alternatives - I wanted the product so bad so I paid those extra dimes just to get the product... Okay, perhaps I could ask someone living close to the store to go there and buy it for me, send it in a mail. But still, that person wants gas money etc...