What Is Going On Here?

Prairie Jeepin

I must say that today has been a very odd and discouraging day for me on the forums.

I have never seen so many locked threads in one place :anicute:

The amount of "big brother" type actions of admin and mods in numerous unrelated and related threads, as well as the member squabbling over what seems to be a very juvenile disagreement/conflict between two web sites has become quite distasteful. That is just one example that seems to be forefront at the moment.

Get over it or get on with it please! It doesent sound like somthing very difficult to solve -- if anyone truly wants to solve it!

All of you whom partake in these types of discussions are making this site a place I (and probably others) want to avoid rather than participate in. You are showing us that you are intolerant, self absorbed, and very single minded about this sport.

If this sort of interaction, squabbling and overall restrictive controlling behavior does not cease, many folks are going to quit this site for the bad taste you are all giving them. I know after today I sure don't feel like coming here to be faced with this kind of thing. I wonder how many folks have stepped back a few paces to do their caching alone away from the online community due to this sort of atmosphere?

Can we not just enjoy the reasons we come here instead of trying to ruin it? I don't see this as being very helathy for GC.com. Not at all.

Of course (and this is my PC disclaimer) this is just my opinion and nothing more. But I doubt I am alone in it.

Edited by Prairie Jeepin

You're not alone in your opinion. Most of the geocachers I have met at events have either never been in the forums or do not read them because of the negative nature of the forums. I do know a few that read them, and even less that post.

Luckily - the forums are NOT Geocaching.com nor are they geocaching.

If the forums aren't for you, download some waypoints and go have a good time! :anicute:

sd

The moderators have asked everyone not to start new threads asking about the Buxley's website. There is already one thread. It will be reopened when Groundspeak has news to report.

Following the closing of new threads asking about the Buxley's website, other threads have been opened to complain about the closing of the threads. The moderators have also asked that these threads not be opened.

Therefore, I am closing this thread.