Winter Searches

wsax

LOTS!

No ticks or skeeters. No snakes. No leaves on the trees making it harder to get a good lock. This is a great time to cache in New England!

And when you start to get cold, go find one of those Starbucks parking lot caches and grab a cup of hot vanilla carmel apple cider to warm you up. :blink:

Edited by Mopar
<snip> a cup of hot vanilla carmel apple cider </snip>

:blink: Please tell me that you're joking; such a gastronomic nightmare couldn't really exist... could it? :D

You tell me!

PS: Far from a nightmare, it's pure heaven in a cup. Hot apple pie you can drink. And SOOOO much better then the crappy coffee they serve. :lol:

:D I'll agree that their coffee is carp, but as far as that "concoction" goes... I'll stick with plain, black, coffee thank you very much! :lol:

LOTS!

No ticks or skeeters. No snakes. No leaves on the trees making it harder to get a good lock. This is a great time to cache in New England!

And when you start to get cold, go find one of those Starbucks parking lot caches and grab a cup of hot vanilla carmel apple cider to warm you up. :D

i love the iced caramel frapuccinos, but the cider sounds yummy! i'll try one next time i'm at starbucks. :blink:

ON TOPIC: winter is great for caching.

We started caching on January 1, 2004, and did just fine last winter. Of course, there wasn't much snow last winter.... When the snow is deep, you just have to go looking for virtual caches, or caches that have recent logs (they've already been dug out!). Also, we hid two caches that are "up" (i.e. not on the ground), so they should be accessible in the winter. We're hoping there may be some caches along snowmobile trails, as we are headed for Lincoln, NH (corridor 11, I think), in February.

Edited by Boot Group

I'm thanking of starting a "Hava Java cahe with coordinates stuck in micros on the lampposts in all the local coffee shop parking lots and the the cache in a mockup jumbo coffee mug.

Just to be a little bit on topic, yes there are lots of winter findable caches in the frozen wastelands called Canada, for example holes in trees, micros in sheltered places, and I believe there is even a cache inside of a mall called "baking bread" because it is over the bakery. I know this because I live in Ottawa.