South African 2005 Tb Race

Africard

:lol: This is an invitation to enter your TB in a race from Northern KZN to Cape Town during 2005 (1 year).

Only 15 TB's will be allowed to participate, so "drop" your TB in the event cache created for this race (GCM84V - still to be approved) and mail me your TB. I'll supply you with a postal address to mail your TB to. On the starting date, I'll "drop" all participant TB's into a new cache I'll place specifically for this race.

:lol: The object is to get your TB moved by different geocachers to a specific cache in the Cape Town area (the Final Destination Cache). I'll attach a mission card to each TB entered in the race.

Details and rules for the race will be published soon. ;) Entered TB's will be assumed to have read and understood the race rule and accepted by the owner ;) . The minimum prize will be 5 (unactivated) TB dog tags. I'm trying to get sponsors for 2 more prizes (sponsors are also invited to contact me).

:lol: The winner will be determined by the lowest number obtained for distance travelled divided by number of caches visited (subject to the race rules). ;)

Things to keep in mind:

Keep your TB's small.

You must be listed as the owner of the TB, and a South African registered Geocaching.com member.

TB must be activated on this site (no other trackable items will be allowed to participate in the race).

Logs entered on the Geocaching.com web will be used to determine ranking and progress.

Only one entry per cacher.

After the race TB's will be released into the wild and not returned to the owner.

Regular updates will be posted in the Groundspeak Forums and on the event cache created for this race (GCM84V - still to be approved).

Contact me if you have queries.

Edited by Africard

:unsure: Dan Dolphin (Owner: janputte) is the newest entry in the race and will be placed in the start cache this weekend. There are currently 7 active participants and 8 positions open.

<_< We are anxiously waiting for a (non Newcastle based) cacher to pick up TB's from the start cache and get them on their way!