Tb Hostage Taker On The Loose In Bc

Geofellas

I think if you did your homework you would find that the TB's were not "raided" from various caches. They were, in fact, in his posession when his account was banned from GC effectively preventing him from logging them out of the caches he got them from or from logging them into other caches. I believe his intent in creating the Trashman001 account was so that he could log the TB's so that the TB owners would know that they were on the move. Unfortunately, his sockpuppet was also banned before he could log them back into other caches. His intent is to do right by the TB's and get them back into circulation despite the fact that he is prevented from accessing the GC site.

Given that you are from 3000 miles away from where this is happening and don't know the person involved, I can understand how you might not have all your facts straight. ;)

Thanks for enlightening me - but I'm not sure I understand how not having access to gc.com prevents this cacher from physically placing the TBs (one of which I am watching, hence my interest) into caches and thus allowing them to continue on their journeys while resolving whatever issues they may have with TPTB.

I was careful to use words like "apparently" and "appears to" to allow for many interpretations of the situation to be inferred but it did seem sensible to alert people to the possibility of some issues. That was my sole intent.

Actually, if you look at my recent logs you will see that I am, at the moment, considerably closer than 3000 miles away. ;)

Hi,

I'm Eartha. Your travel bug forum moderator. I have a solution for the travel bug owners, whose bugs are being held, due to an issue which I am not aware of. I can 'grab' the bugs from Trashman001, and log them into whichever caches they have been placed in, if I'm given a list of what was placed where. I would need the travel bug tag numbers, along with the GC# in which it was placed. I do not know what the issue is, nor do I wish to be brought into it. I'm just here to try to help solve the problem of how to move the travel bugs. Travel bugs is what I do, not politics. Let me know if this would work for those involved. You can e-mail me though the site.

I believe his intent in creating the Trashman001 account was so that he could log the TB's so that the TB owners would know that they were on the move. Unfortunately, his sockpuppet was also banned before he could log them back into other caches. His intent is to do right by the TB's and get them back into circulation despite the fact that he is prevented from accessing the GC site

Sounds like Eartha's suggestion it s perfect solution given the fact that trashman001's intent is to get the back into circulation.

Great idea Eartha!

I believe his intent in creating the Trashman001 account was so that he could log the TB's so that the TB owners would know that they were on the move. Unfortunately, his sockpuppet was also banned before he could log them back into other caches. His intent is to do right by the TB's and get them back into circulation despite the fact that he is prevented from accessing the GC site

Sounds like Eartha's suggestion it s perfect solution given the fact that trashman001's intent is to get the back into circulation.

Great idea Eartha!

I forwarded a link to Eartha's post to Trashman, but since his IP address is blocked from GC he may not be able to read it or, for that matter, contact Eartha via PM or email to provide any details. If Eartha is interested in helping I might suggest that s/he post a note on the BCGA website where there is an active topic discussing this very issue.

Access to that site requires registration with an account.

Perhaps there is somebody, anybody out there who might have an idea on how to contact trashman001 in order to pass along Eartha's kind offer.

Like I said above, I contacted Trashman and passed on the information, but he has no ability to contact Eartha due to his IP address being blocked from this site. No access means that he cannot PM or email Eartha.

Registration on the BCGA site is pretty simple - probably simpler than registering on this site - and costs nothing. You do not need to be a member of the BCGA or even a BC cacher. It should not be an impediment to contacting him. icon_rolleyes.gif

Have Tlg email me in regards to the TBs, I can move them along to their caches or pass the email on to Eartha. As far as any of the issues concerning the accounts, I prefer to stay neutral.

Actually, since you log onto The Sandbox several times every day, why don't you contact him yourself? This is a situation created by GC and GC should make the effort to correct it. I only got involved because people were portraying him as a TB thief. That misconception has been corrected so my involvement is finished.

Have Tlg email me in regards to the TBs, I can move them along to their caches or pass the email on to Eartha.  As far as any of the issues concerning the accounts, I prefer to stay neutral.

Actually, since you log onto The Sandbox several times every day, why don't you contact him yourself? This is a situation created by GC and GC should make the effort to correct it. I only got involved because people were portraying him as a TB thief. That misconception has been corrected so my involvement is finished.

Is that a promise :lol:

Have Tlg email me in regards to the TBs, I can move them along to their caches or pass the email on to Eartha.  As far as any of the issues concerning the accounts, I prefer to stay neutral.

I did send him an email, waiting for a reply.