People Have To Use More Sense.

JohnnyRotten

Thanks for the suggestions brian ill take a look. Was thinking that the ground speak micros looked good but..... if they gonna disappear then no sense in getting it. would cost too much

They're quite good, but on the expensive side. You can get similar cylinders for half the price at www.bisondesigns.com and www.rei.com, but the match containers are probably the best bang for the buck. They'll fit a log and a nub of a pencil and are waterproof.

LOL brian that sounds like torture! Imagine if i didnt give a good hint man the place would be torn to shreds lookin for that little thing. Ill check em out sounds good tho i am a little bit on the mascistic side. That would be a 5 rating for sure. Ive got some great ones planned just need to work out the details they will come in handy for that.

Bam Bam lets not give people ideas. lol that could be interesting tho.

LOL brian that sounds like torture! Imagine if i didnt give a good hint man the place would be torn to shreds lookin for that little thing. Ill check em out sounds good tho i am a little bit on the mascistic side.  That would be a 5 rating for sure. Ive got some great ones planned just need to work out the details they will come in handy for that.

The match containers are no smaller than a film canister. A tad longer and and a little narrower. Now these little Nalgene vials I got are a different story. I'm not one for evil hides...I think the point of caches are to be found, but maybe, just maybe once I'm gonna hide a tough one and these vials are perect. About the diameter of a pencil and maybe an inch long.

Probably the dumbest idea I've heard, even joking. The last thing we need in this area.

Edited by briansnat
The match containers are no smaller than a film canister. A tad longer and and a little narrower.  Now these little Nalgene vials I got are a different story.  I'm not one for evil hides...I think the point of caches are to be found, but maybe, just maybe once I'm gonna hide a tough one and these vials are perect. About the diameter of a pencil and maybe an inch long.

Now, if you want truely evil, I was at the pet store last night, and they had the ID tubes for cats. Talk about TINY. Looked like a bison tube, but the "logsheet" would only have room for initials, and probably have to be replaced after say.....oh...every 5-6 finders :anicute: Of course, as small as these things are, that probably wouldn't be all that often.....

the canisters from bison are really nice. and pretty small too could be great . but once again i dont want to make em too hard eitherpeople wont have fun. After all this is sposed to be enjoyable. Ill probably go with the match boxes like ya said bang for your buck its a better deal.

Thanks for the info

Edited by Saylor -n- Crew

I see they added a new product too. Specimen jars. Not really sure I want those. Surplus = used correct?

They also have the Naglene bottles Brian was raving about. Take a fwe seconds to read the descriptions, some are pretty funny.

Meet the Bottles tell a friend about this item so they can check it out

A not-quite-nuclear family of white HDPE bottles with screw-on caps. Dad is hefty - he holds 400ml; he's 5-1/2" x 2-3/4" dia, with a gaping 1-1/2" dia mouth covered by a white cap. Sister is happy with her size: 120ml, 3-1/2" x 2" dia; a white cap covers her gracious 1-1/4" dia mouth. Please don't ask them where Mrs. Bottle is - they're still very sensitive about that.

Edited by JMBella

Here are the Nalgene vials next to a Bison cylinder for size comparison. I was able to fit a logsheet in them. The camo tape on the one makes it even more evil. I can mail anyone who wants one a couple for free, or you can get a bag of 25 from some geocacher out west for $5. I can send you his e-mail address if you like (don't think he'd appreciate it posted here).

107b62c7-6769-43d8-8c68-76445aa69c28.jpg

Here is the waterproof match container. Its $1.99 at Campmor and cheaper at Walmart.

80960.jpg

Edited by briansnat

You know, this whole idea about "let's not give people any ideas" gives me the impression the Geocaching community spends far too much time looking over it's shoulder. Allow me to state this: If people are intent on pissing you off, they will. They will not need hints or suggestions. People are all too capable of irritating one another if they should choose to do so.

There are both established rules of Geocaching and unwritten ones. The unwritten ones tend to be common sense type rules. People new to Geocaching may not understand some of the unwritten rules but the majority of people active in these forums have a pretty good understanding of Geocaching. Do you really think JR is going to get the idea to muggle a cache from an obvious joke posted in the forums? Come on.

These forums are a great opportunity to discuss the activity we all share an interest in but if I wanted a risk-management debate I would go to work. These discussions should be (and usually are) fun. My 'dumb idea' was not an idea... it was a joke. I thought that was obvious and would not cause people to flock to the woods intent on muggling caches.

Wow theyre great! yuh thinkin i need to get some of those. Where did ya get the camo tape? And if your not evil how come you have those little things? HUH? hahaha

sheesh id have people hating me for a reason then.

I sent you the guy's e-mail. I got the camo tape at Walmart. It was in the hunting supply section. You can probably find it any place that sells hunting supplies. There is camo cloth tape, which is fairly expensive and camo duct tape (which is what I have) which was pretty cheap.

Well to all those who are going to be looking for them I'm sorry but some inconsiderate jerk stole em.

That anyone would do this is shameful. And to whomever it was, I say; your stealing the caches is just as bad as damaging the stone wall - - nothing good came of it, and it gives the sport as much a black eye.

The incident also confirms my worst suspicions about some of the things I read here - - regrettably, for my part, I will be factoring in personalities as I pursue the game.

Very disappointing.

Great Brian and Robert are now exchanging evil micro canister ideas!!!! Guess I have alot of searching in the near future!!! :D:anicute::lol:

Can you both at least provide, detailed, can't-miss, sure-as-anything, in outline-form, diagrams too hints so I can find the 4/1 rated cache in 2 minutes. :o

"In a crevice" or "under a rock" just doesn't cut it for me... especially if there aren't any rocks in the area :lol::blink:

EDIT: Brian, this is a joke, so don't go and muggle my caches!

Edited by avroair
So what about those key rocks anyone seen them being used? could be an interesting thing as well.

GC.com sold them a while back. There are a few lurking about in NJ. They would be hard to spot, but the huge geocacing logo branded on the top of the rock makes them easier to spot from 20 feet! :unsure: There is one located in central park too.

So what about those key rocks anyone seen them being used? could be an interesting thing as well.

GC.com sold them a while back. There are a few lurking about in NJ. They would be hard to spot, but the huge geocacing logo branded on the top of the rock makes them easier to spot from 20 feet! :grin: There is one located in central park too.

That one is definitely on my top-ten list! Loved it.