Lowest Gc… Waypoint In System?

Bob Blaylock

The What Comes After Gczzzz?… thread has got me wondering…

If I understand the pattern, the very first geocache entered into the system should have a waypoint name of GC0 or GC1.  But neither of those waypoints seem to be in the system.  Making various random guesses, the earliest that I found is GC6A.  I haven't tried all the possibilities below GC6A, so as far as I know, there may be earlier ones.

Is GC6A, “Kippers in the Jungle”, really the every oldest geocache in the system?  What happened to GC0 through GC69

Unfortunately, the lowest number is not the oldest cache. As Jeremy said

The first 75 caches were not entered in the database in chronological order when they were placed.
GC8 was placed on 5/28/2000, while GC30 was place on 5/11/2000.

As I did GC8 as my 500th cache, I'm thinking of doing GC30 as my 1000th cache next summer.

GC4 by Mike Teague was the first entry in the DB. The first 75 caches were not entered in the database in chronological order when they were placed.

I think this might be the phrase that people missed.

The first seventy-five (75) caches in the database were out of order. To me that means everything from GC4 to GC4F would not necessarily have been entered in the order in which they were placed in the field.