Forum Angst

I hate micros...

The admins are ...

My virt wasn't approved...

(Does any of that help? :( )

Sorry, I thought we would skip right to flaming and slander. Bad form on my part.

So how about all that garbage in my caches? Why can't people go against human nature and not try to get the best of every trade?

Man, for entertainment I'm going to have to plan a breeder cache to spawn dozens of lame micros. Just for kicks I'll list it on Navicache and nobody will find it.

Shouldn't you first place it on railroad tracks with some knives in it and then flame eveyone when it is not listed here? After that, make sure the container leaks and that the coords are bad. Then when nobody finds it post a thread flaming all the lazy people out there who won't find your cache.

Angst? I see little true angst in these forums. It occurs to me that much of the anguish here is designed simply to propagate debate.

We could all be like Duke Ellington, "You're very beautiful, very sweet, very generous, very gracious and all the kids in the band want you to know that we do love you madly."

But then the forums would be really boring! :D:(

Is it just me or is the general level of controversy (pesent Nashville and Micro Bashing thread being just blips) lower recently?

There wasn't a thanksgiving meltdown that I noticed.  Most debates are a tad more civil.  Something must be in the air.

removed by moderator.

Just repeating what I read :(

Edited by CO Admin
Just for you RK :D:

1d993829-3198-47cd-b818-fc12ee5cf4a7.jpg

That has potential. :(

Locally we have a wet log queen, who inspired my quest for a wet log pen that brought out the new Uni-bal Power Tank as the best bang for the buck for writing on wet logs.

We do have a police station cache, done by the local police. But I do have a patch of BLM ground surrounded by the interstate on one side, a trailer park on another, the transportation department grounds on the third side. With easy access to local prison work gangs. Nothing even worth visiting there. Perfect.

When I first started posting in these forums, the angst was quite high and I thought that most of my posts were tame by comparison. Now it seems like there are at least a couple threads where I am the only one providing much disagreement or inspiring much angst. Hmm. :(

So, I think the OP is right on. It seems to have toned down a lot after the long thread about the archived religeous cache ended a few weeks ago and the election was over. Maybe we all got a bit tired and needed a break. There is also lots less bashing of the moderators since the moderating seems to have been toned down a bit. Thanks moderators.

The more neighborly tone is very nice. :D

As for a choice of Santas, don't forget to add Criminal's to the ballot. :D

To get this back on topic:

I too agree with the OP. The forums have been much tamer lately and it's very welcome IMO.

I think the worst thing I've seen lately is some Nicolas Cage bashing in regards to National Treasure.

Nice to be able to caht and share ideas without the flames for a while....

Thanks, Koz, for ruining my fun...twice in the same thread, no less! :lol:

Hey,

Have fun on your own time. This is a family sport!

I've noticed it, too. This doesn't mean we have too many level headed people, does it? Dang it! That's it. I'm banning monkeybrad and the leprechauns from the formus until after the next fight is over.

i didn't notice any angst.

do people take this seriously enough to get angst?

Judging by my hatemail, absolutely.

Now pardon me while I go lock all the controversial threads. We squashed the Buxley's thread like a bug. It lasted a measly 78 days and ten pages. That's quick-action, jack-booted censorship, yessirree.

i didn't notice any angst.

do people take this seriously enough to get angst?

Judging by my hatemail, absolutely.

Now pardon me while I go lock all the controversial threads. We squashed the Buxley's thread like a bug. It lasted a measly 78 days and ten pages. That's quick-action, jack-booted censorship, yessirree.

:P:lol::P;);)

it it just me, or did an AWFUL lot of topics get locked in the last five minutes?

those were topics i was very happily ignoring until i saw the little red lock, and then i had to go read them. i'm like that.

"ooh, there was a fuss?" i say, pushing forward through the crowd to view the carnage.

i don't give two hoots about buxley's maps (although buxley himself seem rather nice). i don't care about the great cross-posting to navicache debate.

are there some festive words that automatically trip some moderator awareness screen?

banned. banned, banned, banned. buxley. navicache. muahahahahaha. moderator.

and for some reason i don't understand, mitsuko.

huh?

i'm going to go over there and see if i get put on 24 hour modding for this. i'm the little middle aged lady giggling so hard i'm nearly peeing myself.

i have FRIENDS, by golly! you can't make me tell you who they are, but they'll be laughing when they read this.

..unless it gets deleted. come to think of it, i'm saving a copy. i'm sending it out as a chain letter. no, wait. im putting it on a xeroxed TB that will clog every cache in the world!

excuse me. i have to go take some meds now.

Looks like someone wasnt happy the angst level was so low...........

There I was miding Mopars business with a witty reply to his comment's in a thread that was about how to get your cache listed on a Buxleys map, when all of the suddend my post didn't take. Turns out the thread was now locked. So I looked at what happened and what do you know Mopar got the thread locked.

A banner moment in the GC.com forum annuls.

Which is more angst? Being afraid to post on a topic because it might be locked, or posting in a topic that might get locked?

Edited by Renegade Knight

Let’s say it’s a beautiful day, just the kind you like. Your agenda is clean. Let’s relax and check out a couple of new caches in the neighborhood. The gas tank is full and everything is coming up roses.

(This is really about angst in the forums; you’ll just have to read between the lines.)

The first cache is easily found near a cute little creek you had never noticed, but it is in a below standard container and it is overstuffed with really cool swag. As a conscientious cacher, you remove a couple of the items and make a note to contact the owner about the container problem.

The next cache should be better. The owner is a well-known cacher in the area, known for his clever hides. After more than an hour, your feet soaked (and it hasn’t rained for many days), you are cussing the hider for putting the cache in a permanent swamp.

And the mosquitoes have ruined your day.

But, let’s say it’s a beautiful day, just the kind you like. ;):lol:

Let’s say it’s a beautiful day, just the kind you like. Your agenda is clean. Let’s relax and check out a couple of new caches in the neighborhood. The gas tank is full and everything is coming up roses.

(This is really about angst in the forums; you’ll just have to read between the lines.)

The first cache is easily found near a cute little creek you had never noticed, but it is in a below standard container and it is overstuffed with really cool swag. As a conscientious cacher, you remove a couple of the items and make a note to contact the owner about the container problem.

The next cache should be better. The owner is a well-known cacher in the area, known for his clever hides. After more than an hour, your feet soaked (and it hasn’t rained for many days), you are cussing the hider for putting the cache in a permanent swamp.

And the mosquitoes have ruined your day.

But, let’s say it’s a beautiful day, just the kind you like. ;):lol:

Or how about this (true story from yesterday) -- you hike a mile, climb down an embankment and then hunt for 45 minutes for a cache this supposed to be a 6 inch by 4 inch black box...in the process stepping in a pile of horse poop that ends up on your shoes, socks and pants...and finally call a friend to have him check the posting...to discover it was changed to a micro that was moved to a slightly different location just that morning...and then find the cache...and still are very happy because of those spare shoes, socks and pants that always are in the car. Angst or fun? I had a blast. What was this thread about?