Saving Geocaching Web Pages To Pocket Pc

slapshot52

Is there a way to save the whole web page for a cache that can be read on my Dell Axim X3 pocket PC? I have plenty of memory and would like to just save the page instead of doing a pocket query. When I save the page now I get that two-part file structure with the .htm file and the folder with the graphics. When I chose to save it as a .mht web archive file (that creates a single file), my pocket explorer will not read it. I’m going to look at a program like “GPX Sonar” to download info, but I really like the layout and information of the geocaching.com web pages. Any ideas? :(

I use GSAK to export HTML cache pages to my PDA. The pages are not exactly the same, but it's close enough for me. The one problem is that a picture will not be on the GSAK generated pages, and sometimes that is needed to solve a puzzle cache. I have gotten around this by saving the picture to the PDA, it helps to rename the pic with the waypoint code so you know what pic goes to what cache.

I have also saved the entire page that generates the extra folder, just like you.

Good luck.

The one problem is that a picture will not be on the GSAK generated pages, and sometimes that is needed to solve a puzzle cache.

I use GSAK to export files to Plucker to send to my PDA. The cache pages on my PDA display images (if there are any). Unfortunately, I use a rather old and non-color PDA, so images are nearly impossible to discern, but they are most definately there.

I'm not sure how that helps the OP though.

Jamie

I use GSAK to export files to Plucker to send to my PDA. The cache pages on my PDA display images (if there are any). Unfortunately, I use a rather old and non-color PDA, so images are nearly impossible to discern, but they are most definately there.

I'm not sure how that helps the OP though.

Jamie

Well it helps me. Thanks Jamie Z, I'll have to try this sometime

The cache pages on my PDA display images (if there are any).

Curiously, I've been working with Woof! about this problem. We have almost exactly the same PDA/software setup, and she can't get the images to display. We went through Plucker settings one-by-one and they're all the same, yet when we look at the cache pages, I have images and she doesn't.

To the OP, I'm not PPC saavy, but I imagine there is a simple HTML viewer for your unit which would display any page you downloaded from the internet.

Jamie

SHEEEE people want to make it hard. I hava an Axim as well a X5. Alls I have to do id get a GPX file and drag and drop it in a folder on my SD card. The $30.00 per year or $3 per month is worth it to get GPX files. It took me about 2 caches to realize this. But once you have the GPX file it you get the webpage and all.

cheers