"geocaching Is A Good Way To Practice

sept1c_tank

Why am I picturing the inside of a trailer with guys in overalls, sans shirts, and wearing greasy welder's caps, while sittin' around a spool for a table, on discarded bench seats, from a cargo van, with spit cups in their hands????? B):cry::(

I bet the missin' SKS had one of them there bay-o-nets on it too. :cry:

(shhhhhh, is that banjo music I hear???) :cry:

Edited by Snoogans

:cry: Hey, shut up, you. Backwoods Magazine is actually very good. I like teh fact that it's not full of PC fluff articles. Wanna know how to properly butcher an animal? They spell it out for you.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go restock my bomb shelt... ummmm, recreational room.... B)

/Really, it iis a good mag. I should prolly subscribe.

EDIT: Not one mention of golf balls? Jeez, what kind of reporter is that?!?!?

Foruntately, they made sure to point out you don't bury the caches. Nice to see that.

Edited by New England n00b

Oh my gosh! No wonder it's a funny article, the author is Claire Wolfe, the libertarian poster-child-slash-pinup-girl. Most famous for this quotation from 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

She lives on squirrels and pine bark in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Okay, I made up the part about the squirrels and pine bark (probably). But seriously...

Now THAT'S a great article! For once it sounds like the writer actually knows something about geocaching, and isn't just writing down sound bites from an interview.

Thanks for the link to her home page Auntie, but am I missing something? I can't seem to find an RSS feed for her blog. B)

She lives on squirrels and pine bark in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. Okay, I made up the part about the squirrels and pine bark (probably). But seriously...

Yeah, no kidding you made it up. She's a vegetarian, so of course she wouldn't live on squirrels. B)

Unless, of course, you insinuate that she MILKS squirrels. That's possible, I suppose. :cry:

I thought it was a great article. We could always use more diversity in the geocaching crowd. To heck with those tree-hugging, tofu-farting types. I'll take a blue collar any day!

edit: added emoticons so as to present a more kindly and humorous appearance.

Edited by jeep_dog

From the article:

The container holds, at minimum, a log book and pens and pencils -- but usually also contains cheap, fun thingamajigs for people to take -- like souvenir keyrings, small stuffed animals, badges, bottle caps, postcards, tiny mechanical toys, costume jewelry, etc.

Hey! They forgot to mention used golf balls, McToys, candy wrappers, cigarette butts . . . :(

Hey! They forgot to mention used golf balls, McToys, candy wrappers, cigarette butts . . . :(

SHHH! Don't tell them that there be useful stuff in them containers, they might take it all for themselves! :D

--------------------------------------------------

Very nice article. Well written and informitive.