Wtb: Garmin Topousa

DiskDevil

I would like to purchase the Garmin Topo USA 3 disk set. Newest version please. I already know about EBAY so please don't suggest B) I purchased a set from EBAY for 56.00 + shipping and they were BLANK copies. After purchase the seller stopped answering emails. So no I will not buy software on EBAY.

You should go back and report them to EBAY. But for $6.00 you should have know. What you want is the orginal disk and most likely. Ol well sorry you got scamed.

cheers

OL SORRY I REALLY MISS READ YOUR PRICE. Guess my living in denial about getting bifocals is coming to an end soon. $56.00 UGH I am sorry for you loss that sux. I say tar and feather would be approperate as well as tell GARMIN and let them presue this. I am sure they will be interested in someone pirating thier software. Again I am sorry.

cheers

Edited by AtoZed

If you paid via PayPal for your eBay auction, you should contact them and register a complaint. You may just get your money back!

Edited it add that there are many reputable sellers on eBay so you shouldn't be discouraged to use that service again. A good thing to do, prior to purchasing/bidding, is to send the seller an e-mail requesting clarification of any information that you feel is unclear in his/her listing. If the seller doesn't reply then just move on to another listing. The good sellers truly outnumber the bad.

Edited by VisionQuest220

I think that it is very unfortunate that there are idiots out there that thrive on ripping off others. Dont give up hope and know that your experience is not the norm.

I sell things on the net occasionally and have sold GPS related items on this website.

Here are some things that you can do to help protect yourself.

Get the sellers full name.

Get their email address. Not hotmail or msn or AOL but a real email address. If they refuse then move on.

Also get their address and phone number. If they refuse then move on.

Ask many questions about what you are buying.

If possible get the persons phone # and call them.

Before tranfering any monies alway confirm what you are buying and the conditions of payment and shipping.

One way of cross checking a person is to go to http://www.whitepages.com/

where you can cross reference Names,phone numbers and address.

Do not mail to Po Boxes if at all possible. You want a street address.

When communicating via email keep copies of all correspondence.

If something sounds too good to be true ...it probably is.

Ask the seller for references from other buyers if possible.

If you are ripped off first attempt to contact the seller and work it out that way.

If that fails contact the website that contact was made from and file a complaint.

Using any email that the seller sent you ,,you should be able to obtain their IP address and from there you can contact their ISP and inform their ISP of what happened.

Call the cops, in the town the person lives in.Even if it is in a different country.

Hey DiskDevil, sorry to hear about the ebay scam. Some people just have no morals. Anyway, how's the VistaC doing that you bought from me?

I absolutely love it...I have several friends that want one now. After telling them what I paid for it with FedEx overnight they said I was a liar..Thank you so much... Don't want to part with those topos do ya? I got scammed on EBAY. I have reported them already. I NEED TOPO :lol:

They sent you copies, that were blank?? why did they even do that? ;):lol:

anyways...

whats the newest version anyways?

Yes, BLANK copies. I guess they were mass producing them and screwed them up. The CD case had a photocopied insert. At this point in time and $56.00 lighter in the pocket, I wish they worked, copies or not!! :lol:

thats it??

That's it!

ok, related question, what is the difference in version 3.00 and 3.02?

(yea an .02, but whats actually different? I once read that since the topo data is pretty stable not much of anything is changed so new topos don't come out that often, and when they do its changes are not the topo data thats changed, it this true?)

I talked to a guy locally (Phoenix, AZ) about this and he said that it has more to do with the addition of new roads into areas that were formally undeveloped. (Can you say "urban sprawl"? Sure you can...I knew you could.)

It would also include any newly created campgrounds, changes to existing forest service roads, highway changes, etc.

All in all, it's nothing to get into a twisit over considering that the majority of the topo map usage is being done in areas that haven't seen any change in years and years and years and years and years and years...

Oh, and the really major difference is an ".02"!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Edited by VisionQuest220