How Do You Post To The Message Board?

Moose&Mickey

While on a hunting safari in Globe, AZ we came upon a survey disk mounted in a pile of rocks with a witness post (?) just a few feet away. It is located off of Copper HIll Rd. The coords are N33 degrees 27.771, W110 degrees 46.055 and the number stamped on the disk is A14169. The date stamped is 2004. It is also just a few feet away from an old corral. I neglected to take a picture of it that day but will be back there in a few weeks and was just wondering how and where to log it. I tried looking throughout the Geocaching website but could not find a message board link. Thnak you for any help you can provide! :blink:

The nearest benchmarks to that location that are loggable on the Geocaching website are DU1994, DU1995, & DU2270 - all 1.8 miles to the south. The mark you found may be in the NGS database (I didn't check) but if it is, it has not yet been incorporated into the GC database. The data set that GC is using is a few years old, so given that the date on the mark is 2004, you won't find it here.

You can go to the Benchmark Page and the Other Search Options to help look for them.

Incedentally, if you are going to be back in the area, try looking for the three closest marks. They were monumented in 1938, 1938, and 1899 respectively. They would most likely be some very nice finds.

- Kewaneh

Moose&Mickey,

This has really been discussed at great length here on the forum, so rather than have another go at it, I would like to invite you to try looking at both the FAQ page Here: http://www.geocaching.com/mark/

And please read this entire thread which is a pinned topic started by the 2oldfarts: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=79709 Unfortunately there is no quick and dirty answer, but between those two you should come away with a well rounded set of answers for your questions and we all would be more than happy to help any other questions you have going forth from there...

Thanks for your interest, I am sure we will have you off and hunting like a pro in no time!

Rob