Geocaching Potluck In Jefferson City, Mo

lazylightning

Hi everybody,

I am planning a Geocaching Potluck for January 15th in Jefferson City. This is the second annual event and it will be a BLAST! Everyone will gather at Jefferson City's McClung Park at about noon on Saturday, January 15th, spend the day caching around Jeff City and then eat pot luck and enjoy retelling of war stories which starts at about 6:00 p.m.

We will be playing GeoBingo at this event. I will have placed 38 logable micro caches around the most interesting and beautiful places in Jefferson City. At each cache, you can grab one number and then you can head out to the next cache. At 6:00 p.m. you will come back and get your bingo board and see how you do. I have lots of really nice prizes for just about everyone.

You can visit the event cache page at:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...80-e9606b971029

or just search for cache # GCKQWB

If you are interested in spending the night in Jeff City, I have negotiated discounts at a number of area hotels. Check the cache page for a link to the list of hotels and prices.

I will also be putting on a Geocaching 101 class from 10:00 to Noon on January 15th too. If you are new to caching this will be a great chance to get a good start.

I hope to see lots of folks at this event!

Lazylighting (Mike Bollinger)

Hi everybody!

Cabin Fever Geocaching Pot Luck #2

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...80-e9606b971029

GCKQWB

I've just finished getting the GeoBingo portion of the event together. I have put a page up on the JC Parks and Rec website that has the Bingo rules and also has the coordinates to the Bingo caches. You may download them now but PLEASE DO NOT start hunting them until 12:00 noon on Saturday. I put up both a LOC and a GPX file for you. The LOC file has hints encoded but the GPX file does not.

Here is the link:

http://www.jeffcitymo.org/jeffcityweb.nsf/...33;OpenDocument

If the above link doesn't work, go to www.jeffcitymo.org/parks and click on the Geocaching link on the left side menu. You will be taken to a page that will get you all you need to know about the event.

Be sure to stop by the McClung Park Pavilion before you start hunting on Saturday. I have a little gift that I want to give everyone before you begin hunting. You will need it to play the game.