Dont' Do It

Ingot

All national parks and federal properties have formaly banned geocaching without express written permission.

Geocachers have repeatedly damaged peoperty, violated basic rules and customs and generaly made yourselves unwelcome. I'm glad all you shut-ins and a-social types are turning off the monitor and going into the great outside, but don't mistake your GPS for a passport to violate the law and tresspass on other's property. I have told all the officers under my command to investigate anyone seen using a GPS on any state or federal land under our protection.

There is plenty of public land for you to hide tupperware bowls full of fishing lures on.

Not even a very well informed troll, is he?

Doesn't even know that we already don't allow geocaches in national parks.

Now, the 1st time someone harasses me for carrying a radio receiver that the federal government guarantees my right to use..... then I will collect enough money from that lawsuit to plant some really sweet caches!

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Searching_ut:

I could point out out several obvious reasons why this individual isn't in command of so much as a garbage collection detail, but it isn't worth the effort.

A troll for sure

Not only that, but when you point out the discrepanies it only makes them better for next time.

CR

72057_2000.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Ingot:

I'm glad all you shut-ins and a-social types are turning off the monitor and going into the great outside, but don't mistake your GPS for a passport to violate the law and tresspass on other's property. I have told all the officers under my command to investigate anyone seen using a GPS on any state or federal land under our protection.

First off I'm not a shut in, but a disabled vet who still gets out there and carries on a very active life. The summer of '02 was completed with 31 patrols for the USFS as a volunteer, and I hike anywhere from 8 to 14 miles a day, sometimes as much as twice a week.

Second I'm not anti-social, if you only knew how much I volunteer for the good of my community. I could be anti-social and have a damm good flashback if I saw you creeping thru the woods.

Thirdly I use my GPS to re-mark trails as a volunteer for the USFS, and this is done on Federal Property, with the Goverments full knowledge and cooperation. How come you were not at the board meeting this week, you input would of been greatly appreciated. We needed a good laugh.

Could you please give me some coordinates that we could schedule a meeting and discuss this in further detail.

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

As far as I'm concerned, all government owned land is public land (excluding military installations). My tax dollars pay for it as well as the donations Iv'e made toward that land so if it "belongs" to anybody, it belongs to the people. Just be glad that we allow you to have a job "protecting" our land. But we all know that your really just another low-life that can't even spell your own handle. It's Idiot, not Ingot.

Poindexter

Well I received 3 EMails from this Idiot. Maybe its time for Admin to delete him. Anybody want to write him he gave me his EMail Address. Not Sure if it will work.

-----------------------------------------------

User Ingot has contacted you with the following message:

I work for the agency resposbile for keeping bored yuppies from hurting them selves on sharp things.

The user has also sent you their email address (or reply to this message):

evil_cacher@outgun.com

-------------------------------------

PS. no one likes a "professional" vet.

PPS. I bet I've got more scar tissue than you.

--------------------------------------

PPPS. Hey Navy puke; What unit & ship, where and for how long?

The user has also sent you their email address (or reply to this message):

evil_cacher@outgun.com

------------------------------------------

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.

All Federal Land is under the BLM.They are the Trustee to Our Lands.The only other is that which passed into private ownership.I am Talking about the Public Land States.The Job of the Federal Branch is to Protect and to Serve.I talked to our Government contact through the Forest Service Here this morning and he said they wer all for Geocaching in the Parks as long as it complied to their rules of not destroying the enviroment,and being resposible.We also were at the meeting in Little Rock Arkansas 1/16/2003 on the approval of Geocaching in the Parks.They would even help us to keep track of our cache's.So I do not Get your point here?????????Who,what,where and when can I get in touch with you???? FEDERAL MAN, which land are you refering to? I have asked you the questions,as a law enforcement officer you are compelled to answer, if you are a Real Federal Agent.I do see the concern on National Monuments for their protection but as was stated earlier we do not place our cache's at these points.

sorry jeremy i must have been typng this at the same time as your reply

When all else fails Geotry again.

I would sure like to see the reports of the so-called damage done to our parks. I'd be willing to bet that any damage done is isolated & has been exaggerated by this fool. Also, I'd like to know it is known that Geocachers are responsible, or are we just the most convenient group to blame, rather than get of his publicly employed, coffee drinking butt & find out who actually is responsible. Furthermore, If I am in a national park & some park ranger wants to know what I am doing with my GPS, I will tell him it is none of his business. Carrying a GPS does not constitute probable cause to conduct ANY investigation.

Ingiot,

Are you kidding me?

If I geocached in your park, I would tell Yogi to run and hide. Not only are your words a Boo Boo, they are bogus.

It is not my fault that mommy failed to show you how to play Chutes and Ladders or Candyland.

My guess is that you are the typical hillbilly that wonders junkyards looking for a head gasket; the fumes must be getting to you.

I suggest a doctor; it is in your best interest.