Garmin Map 76 Problem

Team BDM

I have gone through the manual but I can't seem to find how to remove a "Go to" directional line once I have selected a waypoint and then chosen go to. If it was a did not find, I don't want to delete the waypoint just ot get rid of the line.

Probably something simple but I'm figuring out that this device has alot more capabilities than I will probably ever use.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

I have a GPSMAP76 what you do is just press the NAV button and then press waypoint and then press the MENU button and tell it to STOP NAVIGATING. You wil no long have the GOTO line on you MAP page. Or if you choose a differant waypoint it will create a new GOTO line.

cheers

I have a 76S and here's a couple of bits of info.

To end the navigation excercise, hit "Page" button until you're at the "Active GoTo" screen. Hit "Menu" button, "Stop Navigation."

I don't like seeing the directional line on my map screen, so I've told the map not to show it. Here's how: "Page" button until you're at the map screen. Hit the "Menu" button, "Setup Map," "Other" menu, "Heading Line" and select "Off."

Hope this was helpful.

Best Wishes,

Bob

I konw that this is not the answer to the question you actually asked but keep in mind too that there are two different Goto Line options; course and bearling lines.

A course line is set from the point where you begin navigating. The line never changes or readjusts to your actual location. This is good for navigation over water where you can navigate the straight line between your starting point and your destination.

The bearing line is always a straight line between your current location and your destination. This is useful for land navigation including Geocaching.

I don't have my 60 in front of me but I seem to remember that the settings are on the first screen of the map set-up page.