Hardest Cache Yet??

I would say that most geocachers would prefer that you segment a monster cache into a series of separate caches and then make the final stage dependant on the others. So instead of creating a 5-stage multi-cache with a difficulty of 5 and terrain of 5, create 4 traditionals with lower difficulty (maybe ranging from 3.5 to 4.5) and then letting the last one depend on these 4 in some way. This will also make servicing a lot simpler for you.

Wow! That's like the ironman cache! I'd do it, just for the kicks. Then I'd not cache for a month, nursing my torn body back to full caching health.

The hardest cache I did was a night cache. I couldn't wait for night, so I attempted to do it with my eyes closed instead. B)

My caches aren't that hard!

I am wondering what the hardest cache that anyone has done or seen has been. I am thinking of creating a cache that incorporates scuba, rock climbing, 4 wheeling, long distance hiking and problem solving into a multicache, let me know if you think people would try it?

Wow thats some cache. If you could set that up it would be the hardest cache ive ever heard of. Good luck with that. Maybe it will inspire others to start their own extreme geocaches. :P

I know I've mentioned it before some place but check out GCJVEZ and read the logs to see what cachers think of this 5/5 cache of mine. It is located in the middle of New Hampshire's Pemi "wilderness" area. This strenuous 18 mile hike with 2500 feet of elevation gain has been done in a 10-13 hours day by experienced hikers. Give it a try, you might like it.

It has all been done......on this cache. :blink:

If you hide it, someone will WANT to find it, period. :D  Do it! I'll even put a watch on it. :D

I am still a newbie but I am really looking forward to doing this one someday! We plan on going out to the first drop-point in the next week or so.

It's target rich with Snoogans and Bosun caches over there. DON'T make the trip for just one cache. The drop is also a stage of Leap Frogz. (pssst. Don't tell anyone.)

The hardest cache is definitely an amma can.  :blink:

I agree. If I was going to be hit in the head with a cache I would much rather it be a tupperware one. Ammo boxes are too hard! :D

Actually I think this one by JoGPS is even harder. :D Since it is a MOC I have cutnpasted the text here for all to enjoy.

Located with permission DO NOT CLIMB ON THE D-90, Can only be HUNTED in Daylight hours. NOT for Small Children. the Silver Bullet is on the brown Billboard Pole.

This one is about the Litigation Process as we know it today and the biggest tug of war with millions of dollars at stake and bragging right about who was the best.

It was during the Vietnam Conflict. In Vietnam the dirt was like heavy clay that when wet turned into a mess something almost like a cross between quick sand and chocolate cake. This stuff was almost impossible to move in especially for heavy equipment ( bulldozers, scrapers, ect, ) for building runways for large planes to land supplies and troops for the war efforts in Vietnam on the hill tops. Two companies came forward and told the government that only they could build a machine that could do the job and they were Caterpillar Co. and American Marine and Machine Co. Cat said they could do it with a modified D-9 dozier, AMMC said they could build a special unit called the D-90 Heeeeee Heeeeee. Time was at it essence things had to move fast, so the two companies ask the government that the only way to tell for sure whose piece of Heavy Equipment was best to do the job that a tug of war should be done and who ever won that, also would win the opened contract to build the special equipment. Nashville TN was chosen because of the high humidly at the time of year the race was to take place. On a ranch in California owned by Ronald Regan there was dirt like it was in Vietnam it was shipped into Nashville on rail road cars, and place down by the Cumberland River , an area was cleared and the dirt put there. The strip was 30 yards wide and 300 yards long and kept soaking wet for 30 days. When the day arrived the entry from Cat was a modified D-9 with a 1500 H.P. turbo power engine, from AMMC was the D-90 it was a eight wheel drive with two 1000 H.P. turbo power engines on for each side. On the day of the race the D-90 drug the D-9 Cat all over the place and AMMC won the contract to build them all. The government wanted a few modifications to the D-90 after they had build two and were shipped overseas before the engineer on the project for AMMC filed a lawsuit ( he was never paid for his work ) for an injunctions on building any more D-90‘s, and to impound the prototype ( which could not be moved anywhere not even one foot by the legal papers ) until the suit could be settled . 35 years later its still sitting in the same place on a pice of rental property and even the landlord can’t do anything about. Its still in Litigation, as I said it’s a LANDMARK.

THE SILVER BULLET SERIES these are places that are unique and interesting and sometimes bizarre, but not quite up to virtual status quo but are very unusual just the same. You are looking for a Magnet key holder. These are all places I bet you have never been to or seen, and if you have please say so in your log.

Below is the cache page instructions for the second cache in a series, and this one will be a 5 x 5 on May 5. 2005 amd will be my 55th cache.

.--- ..- ... - / .- ... / -- --- -- / ... .- .. -.. / .-- .... .. .-.. . / .. / .-- .- ... / --. .-. --- .-- .. -. --. / ..- .--. .-.-.- / -.-- --- ..- / -- ..- ... - / . .- - / -.-- --- ..- .-. / ... ..- .--. .--. . .-. / -... . ..-. --- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. . - / -.. . ... ... . .-. -

.- -. -.. / - --- / . ...- . -. / ..-. .. -. -.. / - .... .. ... / -.-. .- -.-. .... . / -.-- --- ..- / -- ..- ... - / ..-. .. .-. ... - / ..-. .. -. -.. / - .... . / -.-. .... . ..-. .----. ... / ... .--. . -.-. .. .- .-..

.-- .... . -. / -... --- - .... / -.-. .- -.-. .... . ... / .- .-. . / -.-. --- -- .--. .-.. . - . -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .... .- ...- . / -.. --- -. . / .- / .... .. -.- . / --. .-. . .- - . .-. / - .... .- -. / .---- ..... / -- .. .-.. . ...

..-. .. -. -.. / - .... . / -.-. .... . ..-. .----. ... / ... .--. . -.-. .. .- .-.. / - .... . -. / -.-- --- ..- / -.-. .- -. / .--. .-. --- .--- . -.-. - / .- / .-- .- -.-- .--. --- .. -. - / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-.. . .- -.. / -.-- --- ..- / - --- / ... - .- --. . / ..--- .-.-.-

... - .- --. . / - .-- --- / .. ... / -. --- - / --- -. / - .... . / -- --- ..- -. - .- .. -. / - .... .- - / ... - .- --. . / --- -. . / .. ... / .-.. --- -.-. .- - . -.. / --- -. .-.-.-

.. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. --- ..- -. -.. / ... --- -- . / .-. . .- .-.. / -. .. -.-. . / -.-. --- ..- -. - .-. -.-- / - --- / .--. ..- - / - .... . / -.. . ... ... . .-. - / .. -. .-.-.-

And here is a small sample of what the waypoint containers with instructions for the next segment might look like.

354b9d96-6537-4f61-8331-9bbee9143310.jpg

Edited by Tahosa and Sons