Geocide

Here you can vent your frustrations, WITHIN the RULES, about caching and then commit geocide... sorta like what has happened over HERE ... except with caching in general.

Here is an example... or two...

--------------

All my travel bugs are missing, my caches have been muggled to death and I can never seem to get a FTF. I am quitting this, no more caching for me.

--------------

I am bored with this. All I can find are micro's now. What ever happened to the ammo can and tupperware crowd? I am bored with this, I'm quitting.

--------------

Now I know this may seem extreme, but it can and does happen, to people you know even. If you feel the need to take a break, practice quitting here and see how it feels. Remember you can still benchmark hunt B)

TPTB have ruined this sport for me by doing/not doing "__________________________________!!!!!" B)

(fill in your own blanks)

"I don't understand what TPTB means! Since all of you in your little 'I like to abbreviate everything' click, think you are soooo 'leet' by not having to type ACTUAL words....I'm leaving!"

Heh...ok....seriously now.... What's TPTB?

TPTB have ruined this sport for me by doing/not doing "__________________________________!!!!!"  :P

(fill in your own blanks)

"I don't understand what TPTB means! Since all of you in your little 'I like to abbreviate everything' click, think you are soooo 'leet' by not having to type ACTUAL words....I'm leaving!"

Heh...ok....seriously now.... What's TPTB?

And here ithought it meant "took precious travel bug" or something, LOL (laugh out loud) :P

Edited by camo-crazed

These carppay GPSrs only get me to within 20 feet for so of a cache, and then I gotta HUNT for it?? What's the fun of that? I want to go right to them! And too many people hide these things way out in the woods and around builings that screw up my sats signal...COME ON, FOLKS!!!

TPTB are too pushy, they act they own this site or something, sheesh!

Plus, they didn't approve my "cheapest tupperware container I could find hastily thrown in a culvert in a bar ditch inside the perimeter of the industrial waste and medical spare body parts dumping plant" cache. The nerve!

I was FTF on this one cache, but the person who found it after me posted his gind on the computer first! THAT'S NOT FAIR!! They sould make a button to set these people on fire!

What's the deal with the frog anyway? Change it to a cobra or something else cool, like a puma! I can't stand the frog, always looking so cute...rrrrg!

That's IT!!! I have had nothing but trouble from GC.com since i started visiting it several times a day for over 4 months. Throughout the 170 or so caches I've found, I hated every minute of it!

I quit! Adios, sianara, aloha, alverdersein, farewell, good-bye! This site sucks, and I'll never visit it again (except my a few times of the next couple of months to see if the frog becomes a cobra...and maybe to check some caches...and I might just READ some posts in the forums, but not post anything...Well, if the topic is reaally interesting, I might post ONE)!!!!!!!

Sometimes there are signs that someone is about to commit geocide. One could be the type of threads they start... another could be a look at cache logs.....

day one...

August 14 by ralann (582 found)

maintance check, all is well here.

same cache, day two...

August 15 by ralann (582 found)

pulling it, nothing more to say

or sometimes the same day...

November 10 by ralann (609 found)

plundered by a geoslimeball

will replace within 2 weeks or archive.

November 10 by ralann (609 found)

cache stolen by somebody so i aint putting it back.

OK, here's a real complaint: Why can't we put knives & lighters in caches? I'm never anywhere without a lighter and a pocket knife. They're extremely useful, especially in the woods. I'd like to make a cache that's all lighters and knives, but it wouldn't get approved if I said that's what was in it, and if I did fib and get it approved someone would probably complain. What's the logic behind banning such useful items? I'd rather get a 78c lighter or a $2 cheap knife than any amount of cute stuffed things.

OK, here's a real complaint: Why can't we put knives & lighters in caches? I'm never anywhere without a lighter and a pocket knife. They're extremely useful, especially in the woods. I'd like to make a cache that's all lighters and knives, but it wouldn't get approved if I said that's what was in it, and if I did fib and get it approved someone would probably complain. What's the logic behind banning such useful items? I'd rather get a 78c lighter or a $2 cheap knife than any amount of cute stuffed things.

The "Cache Contents" guidelines are the subject of frequent debate. Since that's off-topic to this thread, please search for older threads on this subject and bump one of them with any questions, or start a new one yourself. I'd be happy to provide an answer but do not wish to take this thread off-topic. Thanks.