Apology

niskibum

I would like to express my regret for the manner in which I posted in the "Got Coin" thread earlier this week. After a couple of good nights of sleep, the first in a couple of weeks, I am feeling much less agitated. :blink: I still have some objections to some of the methods I refered to, but I should have found a more tactful way to voice my opinions. For that I offer my sincere apology.

I would also like to apologize to Moun10Bike for stirring up bad feelings about an otherwise excellent cache idea. I hope to find it one of these days.

Blah, blah, blah.

Come to the forums and call people names like "pathetic" over the course of a day and then make it all better with a "sorry" a few days later? Doesn't work for me.

Apology rejected as far as I'm concerened.

Be careful... Words and misdeeds have a way of coming back and biting you in the a** when you least expect it. I tried to be subtle about it when niskibum did it, but it seems the mistake is self-perpetuating.

I said this a while back to someone else as well...

Yes sometimes that happens to the best of us. So nice of you to point that out. I can only hope that someone is more gracious than you when you make a similar mistake.

Cheers dude.

Blah, blah, blah.

Come to the forums and call people names like "pathetic" over the course of a day and then make it all better with a "sorry" a few days later? Doesn't  work for me.

Apology rejected as far as I'm concerened.

Be careful... Words and misdeeds have a way of coming back and biting you in the a** when you least expect it. I tried to be subtle about it when niskibum did it, but it seems the mistake is self-perpetuating.

I have a rule: Say what you mean, mean what you say. (Unless there is obvious sarcasm intended.) I don't have to worry about getting bit if I follow that.

If you want to call people pathetic, fine, but don't expect me to think it's OK just because you offer a limp apology.

I will use a quote again.

To me, fair play means that the rules encourage everyone to play. They should reward those who win, but they must be acceptable to those who lose. --Lani Guinier

Thanks niskibum, apology accepted. Have fun when you go find the cache and make sure you have plenty of time to explore more of the area because it is beautiful.

Peace, Nolenator

I'm sorry I missed the hike! I was interested when I first heard about it because I had so much fun on the trip to find the 'bloated head' :( , but then it seemed like it was getting too much about whether you were allowed to see a coin or not and that just kind of out a damper on the fun aspect for me. I've only been playing this game for a month and a half, but from the people I've met (all of whom have been incredibly nice!) there seems to be many ways to play. I've looked for caches by myself, and with others. Sometimes when I'm with someone else I'm not the one who actually finds it. Sometimes I am. As far as I can glean, the most important thing is going to a specific place, and signing the log to show you were there. I love taking a minute and reading the names of those who've been there before me. I respect the fact that everyone has a right to play the game the way they want, as long as it doesn't hurt others' enjoyment. Everyone can say things they regret. I would be amazed to find someone who hadn't!

And I'm sure Ill get a chance to see the cache someday- I am really thankful for everyone who puts so much effort into making a game that gives everyone so much fun! Happy caching! :)

I had also thought of going on Got Coin because I have a M10 coin now and enjoyed the bloated head cache so much. I had previously fround Got Coin and I did log it, but felt like I had done it the "backdoor" way. I didn't have the cords, so I found it by using the clue and cache despcription. In the purist sense I guess you could say I circumvented the intent of the cache, but then we all have our own individual view on how to play the game. Who am I to dictate how others play. With me it's getting out and enjoying the experience and being outdoors. The cache is secondary. I'll remember that day for a long time as I did several other caches nearby on a beautiful sunny spring day. The view was great, so I sat in the warm sun at a peacefull place. It looks like everyone had a fun time on that hike, so isn't that the true intent of the cache and what makes geocaching so much fun.