Mr Angry

Lance Ambu

Why, oh why must I suffer the innane scribblings of the posters (sic) to this forum. They ramble on at great length before they get to the point. Sometimes they miss the point altogether. They still don't recognise the irony.

Rather than an educational exchange of views supporting a common theme, they introduce levity and humour at every turn, often diverting the more erudite from their reflections. I do not pay my licence fee in order to be force fed inferior posting. I demand that all posts should be submitted in advance to the moderator and a rating or star system applied (suggestions welcomed) I suggest 1 star for a topic completely unrelated to geocaching, all the way up to 100 stars (congratulations on attaining 100 stars) for a topic relating to geocaching, including technical references to equipment, the beauty and/or complexity of a cache, at least one reference to another cacher using their personal name and a treatise on the precise shape of the earth at a specific point several years ago, corrected for continential drift and the prevailing wind.

My system, herein after to be named the Fungus the Bogeyman system after a popular childrens book I read when I was a child and it might add a certain charm and mystique (a more mysteriquious way of spelling mystic) to an otherwise boring system that could more simply be called a system, would not end there(add a star if you didn't have to reread that last bit). The moderators will be charged with ensuring that all posts are factual exchanges, on topic and concisely put, are the order of the day. Straying into supposition will probably not be tolerated. Thread drift will have no meaning other than the angle of deviation of twine suspended at one end in a breeze. Concise will rule out posting from lumberjacks.

Humour I will deal with as a separate issue due to the importance of its absence. Humour is in the mind of the writer. We do not all subscribe to the mind set that permits humour to classed as the best medicine. Indeed most of us would deny ever having have read the Readers' Digest, not even when they were at the doctors last week.

It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile. Frowning, someone lost in concentration, slightly puzzled perhaps, or just deep in thought. Deep Thought, now there's a name for a computer. Smiling, an innane facial expression of someone unable to understand the seriousness of their situation. Big smile, now there's a face just asking to be slapped.

To sum up

Submit your post for moderation and scoring by Fungus the Bogeyman.

Do not read posts scoring less than 75, unless it matches your IQ

Do not read posts scoring less than 75 unless it is your intention to criticise the posts for scoring less than 75

Remember that people will soon learn to appreciate being told what to write about and will doubtless thank you in the future.

PS

Yesterday the sun set 3 minutes early compared to my etrex data. Has anyone else noticed that big hills appear to speed up time?

Why is 'posters' (sic)? This is a forum post. I posted it. Therefor am I not a poster? He posts, she posts, they post, you post, I post, we post. He is a poster, she is a poster, they are posters, you are a poster, I am a poster, we are posters. Works for me.

SP :(

Could it be a pre-emptive strike? Or is it to sow confusion? :)

Why is 'posters' (sic)? This is a forum post. I posted it. Therefor am I not a poster? He posts, she posts, they post, you post, I post, we post. He is a poster, she is a poster, they are posters, you are a poster, I am a poster, we are posters. Works for me.

SP :(

I've always wondered what "(sic)" means?

(sic) is a latin phrase used when quoting another source when there's a spelling (or grammatical?) mistake in it. It's to show you've quoted the original text word-for-word and that the error is not your own.

SP

I agree.

You are right.

But, and it is a big butt, I was using it in the aural form where it sounds exactly like sick (with or without carrots).

Where did me put mine copy of "Eats, Shoots and Leaves"?

My fave quote from The Fall and Rise of Reggie Perin:

CJ "A cliche to me is like a red rag to a bull, Reggie. Me and Mrs CJ avoid cliches like the plaque."