New Jersey Geocoin???

Jerseytrex

Hey There,

I was surfing the web and noticed that some states have there own geocoins. I began to wonder why the heck don't we have our own. We seem to have a large number of active cachers. I mean we pretty much rule the northeast forum. It would make sense to assume that these things would sell. So how would we go about coming up with something like that? Any suggestions...... If this topic has already been discussed then I apologize. But I havn't noticed anything recently.

Jerseytrex

I have bought state geocoins in the past, but they tend to be minted by individuals. Ones such as the Texas geocoins are no longer trackable on the website.

Alot of NJ cachers have bought in the past. I can only see this working if they are trackable on the website like travel bugs (and offical USA geocoins).

I'm surprised Groundspeak doesn't come up with a system where you can track state geocoins. I mean they would probably make a killing especially if they made them slightly more expensive then their regular geocoins. Everyone wants to represent where they are from. I wish there was a way we could come up with something.

I had six six NEW Pennsylvania geocoins. Just put one into circulation and already traded one for a Washington (State) Geocoin...they are GREAT! I traded one of my two remaining Texas coins for a California at the same time. These seem to be going straight into collections with not many recent ones going into circulation. I think the idea of a New Jersey coin is good. Tracking is not too much of a real problem if using the off-shoot of Keenpeople's system.

Everyone wants to represent where they are from. I wish there was a way we could come up with something.

Good point. A New Jersey geocoin would be cool.

These seem to be going straight into collections with not many recent ones going into circulation

I had 100 of my own geocoins minted so I could place them in caches as signature items and trade them with others for their signature items. An NJ coin would be cool for trading past NJ though.