Congratulations!!!!

Lactodorum

Well, not so much a numerical milestone, but more of an achievement. I've now done the whole route of the Way Down West series with just 2 DNFs. In fairness, I did the North loop at the beginning of July, and the South loop on Sunday.

The South loop was much harder work than I imagined, and it took 10 hours compared to just under 8 for the North loop. Was totally shattered by the end, and I've heard that some people can manage the whole lot in one day!!

***We did our 500th cache today***

As a family we have found it a great way to get the kids (Noah - 6 and Luke - 4) to go on long walks/cycles. Only really started this year but well and truly hooked, to the extent I often do a sneaky one whilst still in my work suit, shirt and tie ;)

4 miles today is a fair distance for little legs. Only thing that tainted todays 500th find was the stress of my android phone gps battery nearly running out.

Time to treat ourselves to a proper gps methinks!

Edited by Chilli Pipers

As i've not posted on this forum before ,now would be a suitable time to do it.

500 caches yesterday An excuse for a minor celebration in the pub at the end of the route.

Thanks to the K9 crew for the Kinston Lisle King Arther ring.

Cheers

Glynn

(moose07)

I'm pinning this topic at the top of the forums as a place where you can express your congratulations to anyone and everyone when they achieve a significan geocaching milestone. It is meant to replace the numerous "Congrats" threads that appear from time to time in the UK forum.

Although not everyone will be happy with this style of offering good wishes to fellow geocachers, it is commonly used elsewhere and most people who responded to my previous thread thought we ought to give it a go.

So.......congratulate on :laughing:

I think this is a great idea - can you do a 'Thank you' one to in recognition of those who have helped us in some way please?

Congratulations to Drsolly on being the first British cacher to reach 30,000 finds. An inspiration to us all, especially as he doesn't focus on easy trads and virts; he does puzzles and multies too. Well done Alan! And all credit to Susan aka ladysolly too, for all her efforts, support, packed lunches and many thousands of finds too. I for one am humbled.

Congratulations to Drsolly on being the first British cacher to reach 30,000 finds. An inspiration to us all, especially as he doesn't focus on easy trads and virts; he does puzzles and multies too. Well done Alan! And all credit to Susan aka ladysolly too, for all her efforts, support, packed lunches and many thousands of finds too. I for one am humbled.

Definitely a huge congratulations [:)]

I would hope to have the pleasure of meeting Dr & Mrs Solly one day [:)]

CoW,

The cache itself wasn't anything particularly special, but the location and timing of it were for me. My log on the cache, Edgbaston Old Church, hopefully explains it: -

"This was my 400th cache and seemed a good one to do, given that in December last year I underwent a serious operation in the nearby BMI Priory hospital and after finding the cache had my post-op scan results (all good!) from my one of consultants. TFTC."

YY

Edited by Yorkshire Yellow

CoW,

The cache itself wasn't anything particularly special, but the location and timing of it were for me. My log on the cache, Edgbaston Old Church, hopefully explains it: -

"This was my 400th cache and seemed a good one to do, given that in December last year I underwent a serious operation in the nearby BMI Priory hospital and after finding the cache had my post-op scan results (all good!) from my one of consultants. TFTC."

YY

That's fantastic news [:)] excellent